Maintain and Improve Your Powerboat How-to Book by Paul Esterle
The powerboat is as sleek and sexy as it gets.
Of course, the real beauty behind any machine is in its efficiency. Fortunately, a book like Maintain and Improve Your Powerboat is a great way for owners to manage, restore and maximize their powerboat's performance, making its smooth ride much more enjoyable. From oil changes to restoring oxidized gelcoats, if you own a boat between 35 to 40 feet in length, this book has you covered.
What you're going to find within these pages was built from hands-on projects. Each detail is broken down for the layman. The end result is a wealth of information that encompasses over 120 do-it-yourself powerboat projects and hundreds of black and white illustrations and photographs.
Once you get past the table of contents, get ready to take master classes that are going to show you the following and more.
- Improving fuel efficiency
- Replacing a fuel tank
- Installing a washdown pump
- Making biminis and awnings
- Fixing damage to fiberglass hulls and decks
- Adding deck hardware, rod holders, an anchor windlass, or a boarding ladder
- Caring for and improving the electrical system, engine, drivetrain, and steering system
- Repairing stainless steel pulpits and railings
- Installing a T-top
- Adding a cockpit table, handholds, tackle drawers, and storage compartments
- Maintaining a trailer
- Applying polyurethane paint to old gelcoat
With Maintain and Improve Your Powerboat in your toolbox, you're going to make your powerboat easier to handle, better looking, faster and safer, and more fuel efficient. Regardless of whether you're a novice or seasoned rider, this book is going to make sure you get the best out of your powerboat.
Subject: Powerboat maintenance and improvement how-to instructions.
ISBN-10: 007154934X | ISBN-13: 9780071549349 | McGraw-Hill 49349