This Seloc service and repair manual covers 2001-2013 Mercruiser Stern Drives, all gasoline engines and drives, including inboards and transmissions.
- 3.0L 181 4-cylinder, 2001-2006
- 3.0L TKS 181 4-cylinder, 2007-2013
- 3.0L MPI 181 4-cylinder, 2008-2010
- 3.0L MPI ECT 181 4-cylinder, 2011-2013
- 4.3L 262 V6, 2001-2006
- 4.3L H 262 V6, 2001
- 4.3L EFI 262 V6 2001-2002
- 4.3L MPI 262 V6, 2002-2010
- 4.3L MPI ECT 262 V6, 2011-2013
- 4.3L TKS 262 V6, 2007-2013
- 5.0L 305 V8, 2001-2006
- 5.0L EFI 305 V8, 2002-2002
- 5.0L MPI 305 V8, 2002-2010
- 5.0L MPI ECT 305 V8, 2011-2013
- 5.0L TKS 305 V8, 2007-2010
- 5.7L 350 V8, 2001-2006
- 5.7L 350 Mag MPI V8, 2001-2008
- 5.7L 350 Mag V8, 2009-2010
- 5.7L 350 Mag ECT V8, 2011-2013
- 5.7L EFI 350 V8, 2001-2005
- 5.7L MPI 350 V8, 2008-2011
- 5.7L MPI ECT 350 V8, 2012-2013
- 5.7L TKS 350 V8, 2007-2011
- 5.7L Horizon 350 V8, 2008-2010
- 5.7L Horizon DTS ECT 350 V8, 2011-2013
- 5.7L Tow Sport 5.7 MPI 350 V8, 2007-2010
- 5.7L Tow Sport 5.7 TKS 350 V8, 2007-2010
- 5.7L Scorpion 350 V8, 2007-2010
- 5.7L Scorpion 350 DTS ECT V8, 2012-2013
- 6.2L Horizon 377 V8, 2001-2010
- 6.2L Horizon DTS ECT 377 V8, 2011-2013
- 6.2L Black Scorpion 377 V8, 2001-2006
- 6.2L MX6.2 Black Scorpion 377 V8, 2002-2006
- 6.2L MX6.2 MPI 377 V8, 2001-2008
- 6.2L MPI 377 V8, 2008-2010
- 6.2L 377 Mag V8, 2009-2010
- 6.2L 377 Mag ECT V8, 2011-2013
- 6.2L Scorpion 377 V8, 2007-2010
- 8.1L 496 Mag V8, 2001-2006
- 8.1L 496 Mag HO V8, 2001-2006
- 8.1L 496 Mag MPI V8, 2007-2008
- 8.1L 496 Mag HO MPI V8, 2007-2008
- 8.1L 496 HO V8, 2009-2010
- 8.1L 496 Horizon V8, 2009-2010
- 8.1L 496 V8, 2009-2010
- 8.2L S 496 V8, 2001-2010
- 8.2L S HO 496 V8, 2001-2010
- 8.2L Horizon 502 V8, 2009-2010
- 8.2L Horizon DTS ECT 502 V8, 2011-2013
- 8.2L 502 HO V8, 2010-2010
- 8.2L 502 HO DTS ECT V8, 2011-2013
- 8.2L 502 Mag HO V8, 2009-2010
- 8.2L 502 Mag HO DTS ECT V8, 2011-2013
- 8.2L 502 Mag V8, 2009-2010
- 8.2L 502 Mag DTS ECT V8, 2011-2013
- Alpha Sterndrive, 2001-2008
- Bravo I, II, III Sterndrive 2001-2008
- Bravo X. XR, XZ Sterndrive, 2001-2008
- Hurth Inboard, 2001-2008
- Velvet Inboard, 2001-2008
- ZF Inboard, 2001-2008
If you own a Mercury Marine MerCruiser engine and aspire to maintain and service the stern drive yourself, the MerCruiser Stern Drive Repair Manual 2001-2013 available at The Motor Bookstore is both extremely informative and a real potential cost-saver. The manual provides tips on how proper preventative maintenance at regular intervals could save you having to undertake repairs on your outboard or inboard engine. It points out that maintenance, while time-consuming, is a lot less costly than repair. Learn about MerCruiser parts in this MerCruiser handbook that numbers 600 pages with plenty of photos and illustrations. Get engine specs, torque specs, tips on the tune-up, assembly and disassembly of your engine as well as the cooling, fuel and electrical systems. There's even a section on boating safety.
Step-by-step illustrated keyed procedures guide you through every conceivable job possible, including all adjustments necessary. Perfect for do-it-yourselfers, professional mechanics, or students.
Book Excerpt: 2001-2013 Mercruiser Stern Drive Repair Manual
MAINTENANCE OR REPAIR?
Proper maintenance is the key to long and trouble-free engine life, and the work can yield its own rewards. A properly maintained engine performs better than one that is neglected.
As a conscientious boat owner, set aside a Saturday morning, at least once a month, to perform a thorough check of items that could cause problems. Keep your own personal log to jot down which services you performed, how much the parts cost you, the date, and the amount of hours on the engine at the time.
Keep all receipts for parts purchased, so that they may be referred to in case of related problems or to determine operating expenses. As a do-it-yourselfer, these receipts are the only proof you have that the required maintenance was performed. In the event of a warranty problem (on new motors), these receipts can be invaluable.
It's necessary to mention the difference between maintenance and repair. Maintenance includes routine inspections, adjustments, and replacement of parts that show signs of normal wear.
Maintenance compensates for wear or deterioration. Repair implies that something has broken or is not working. A need for repair is often caused by lack of maintenance.
For example: draining and refilling the gearcase oil is maintenance recommended by all manufacturers at specific intervals. Failure to do this can allow internal corrosion or damage and impair the operation of the motor, requiring expensive repairs. While no maintenance program can prevent items from breaking or wearing out, a general rule can be stated:
MAINTENANCE IS CHEAPER THAN REPAIR!.
With the help of this Seloc 3208 Mercruiser Stern Drive DIY repair manual for 2001-2013 models, you will be able to handle all repair and service tasks yourself, which will save you lots of money on repairs. This manual includes detailed diagrams, photos and exploded views for all steps to really clarify exactly what you need to do. Wiring diagrams and detailed specs are also included.
Subject: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Mercruiser Stern Drive service, maintenance, and repair instructions.
ISBN-10: 0893300683 | ISBN-13: 9780893300685 | Seloc 3208