The 2006-2016 Suzuki GSXR600, GSXR750 sportbike repair manual by Haynes covers:
Book Excerpt: 2006-2016 Suzuki GSXR600, GSXR750 Repair Manual...
- Suzuki GSX-R600 K6, K7, K8, K9, L0, L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, L6 2006-2016
- Suzuki GSX-R750 K6, K7, K8, K9, L0, L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, L6 2006-2016
FRAME AND SUSPENSION
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
All models have a twin spar, box-section aluminum frame which uses the engine as a stressed member.
All models are fitted with upside-down coil-sprung and hydraulically-damped telescopic forks that are adjustable for spring pre-load, rebound and compression damping. All models are fitted with an hydraulic steering damper, that on K8 and K9 models is electronically controlled.
At the rear, an alloy swingarm acts on a single shock absorber via a three-way linkage. The shock absorber is adjustable for spring pre-load, rebound and compression damping on all models.
2. FRAME INSPECTION AND REPAIR
- The frame should not require attention unless accident damage has occurred. In most cases, fitting a new frame is the only satisfactory remedy for such damage.
A few frame specialists have the jigs and other equipment necessary for straightening frames to the required standard of accuracy, but even then there is no simple way of assessing to what extent the frame may have been over stressed.
- After a high mileage, the frame should be examined closely for signs of cracking or splitting at the welded joints.
Loose engine mounting bolts can cause ovaling or fracturing of the mounting points. Minor damage can often be repaired by specialized welding, depending on the extent and nature of the damage.
- Remember that a frame that is out of alignment will cause handling problems. If, as the result of an accident, misalignment is suspected, it will be necessary to the strip the machine completely so the frame can be thoroughly checked.
3. FOOTRESTS, BRAKE PEDAL AND GEARCHANGE LEVER
Remove the E-clip from the bottom of the footrest pivot pin, then withdraw the pivot pin and remove the footrest, noting the fitting of the return spring.
Discard the E-clip if it is damaged and fit a new one on reassembly. On the installation apply a small amount of grease to the pivot pin and make sure the E-clip is properly located in the groove in the pivot pin.
Subject: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Suzuki GSXR600, GSXR750 repair, service, & maintenance procedures.
ISBN-10: 1785213547 | ISBN-13: 9781785213540 | Haynes 4790