The 2007-2015 Toyota Camry, Avalon, Lexus ES350 Repair Manual by Haynes covers models indicated.
All models are 4-door sedans with transversely-mounted inline four-cylinder, electronic port fuel injection engines for the Camry models, and V6 engines available for all models.
Transmissions available are either a five-speed manual or a five- or six-speed automatic transaxle.
NOTE: This manual does not include information specific to hybrid models.
Book Excerpt: 2007-2015 Toyota Camry, Avalon, Lexus ES350 Repair Manual
- 2AZ-FE - 4-cylinder 144.2 c.i. / 2.4 liters (2009 and earlier)
- 2AR-FE - 4-cylinder 152.2 c.i. / 2.5 liters (2010 and later)
- 2GR-FE - V6 213 c.i. / 3.5 liters (2011 and earlier)
- 2GR-FE - V6 210.9 c.i. / 3.456 liters (2012 and later)
CHAPTER 2 | PART B | V6 ENGINE
EXHAUST MANIFOLDS: REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
CHAPTER 7 | PART A | MANUAL TRANSAXLE
Warning: The engine must be completely cool before beginning this procedure.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the left upstream oxygen sensor.
- Remove the bolts that secure the exhaust manifold support bracket and remove it.
- Disconnect any interfering wire clamps.
- Remove the heat shield from the front exhaust manifold.
- Evenly loosen the nuts that secure each exhaust manifold and remove the exhaust manifold.
- Remove and discard the old exhaust manifold gasket.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Be sure to use a new gasket and install it with the oval-shaped protruding tip facing in the correct direction. For the left (driver's side) manifold, the tip must face to the rear; on the right manifold, it must face to the front.
- Tighten the exhaust manifold nuts a little at a time, working from the center nuts outward, to the torque listed in this Chapter's Specifications.
The vehicles covered by this manual are equipped with either a 5-speed or 6-speed manual or a 5-speed or 6-speed automatic transaxle.
The E351 5-speed manual transaxle is used on 2009 and earlier models, and the EB62 6-speed is used on 2010 and later models. Info on the manual transaxle is included in this Part of Chapter 7.
Service procedures for the automatic transaxles are contained in Chapter 7, Part B.
The manual transaxles are a compact, two-piece, lightweight aluminum alloy housing containing both the transmission and differential assemblies.
Because of the complexity, unavailability of replacement parts and special tools necessary, internal repair procedures for the manual transaxle are not recommended for the home mechanic.
The bulk of information in this Chapter is devoted to removal and installation procedures.
Subject: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Toyota Camry, Avalon, Lexus ES350 service, maintenance, & repair procedures.
ISBN-10: 1620922711 | ISBN-13: 9781620922712 | Haynes 92009