This 1984 - 1988 Jeep 700 / 900 Series Transmission Service Manual is a high-quality, PRINT reproduction of the shop manual which was written and first published by the experts at the original equipment manufacturer (OEM), American Motors Company, for use by their dealership mechanics. Now, you can use this time-honored, professional’s trusted tool by ordering this helpful shop manual!
- 1984 - 1988 American Motors Eagle
- 1984 - 1987 American Motors Eagle Limited
- 1984 - 1988 Jeep Cherokee
- 1985 - 1988 Jeep Cherokee Chief
- 1985 - 1988 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Cherokee Limited
- 1985 - 1988 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer Truck
- 1984 - 1986 Jeep CJ7
- 1985 - 1986 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
- 1984 - 1986 Jeep CJ7 Renegade
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Comanche Truck
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Comanche Chief Truck
- 1986 Jeep Comanche Custom Truck
- 1988 Jeep Comanche Eliminator Truck
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Comanche Laredo Truck
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer Truck
- 1986 Jeep Comanche X Truck
- 1986 Jeep Comanche XLS Truck
- 1984 - 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
- 1984 - 1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Limited
- 1984 - 1988 Jeep J10 Truck
- 1984 - 1988 Jeep J20 Truck
- 1984 - 1985 Jeep Scrambler
- 1985 Jeep Scrambler Laredo
- 1985 Jeep Scrambler Renegade
- 1984 Jeep Scrambler SR
- 1984 - 1987 Jeep Wagoneer
- 1984 - 1988 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Wrangler
- 1988 Jeep Wrangler Islander
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Wrangler Laredo
- 1988 Jeep Wrangler S
- 1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Jeeps have a lengthy history of being rugged machines. That’s great, but what you have to remember is that even the toughest of mechanical devices will eventually require maintenance and repairs. When that time comes, you’re going to want to have the details to get and keep them running at their best.
When you’re ready to get to work servicing or overhauling your AMC/Jeep model 700/900 series transmission, this shop manual is the ultimate source to use. It provides the factory specifications and procedures so that you can be able to do the jobs completely, correctly and efficiently. Beyond general information, this transmission component service manual includes an overhaul section which delivers the required information for transmission disassembly, subassembly overhaul and transmission assembly. Before you pick up a socket, a wrench, or even a rag, be sure to pick up a copy of this helpful guide. This great resource should be the first tool you have in hand. As they say…knowledge is power.
These transmissions are fully automatic, three speed, hydraulically operated units with a compound planetary gear system. Did you know that a three-element torque converter is used for all applications? Well, you would if you owned this manual. You’d also know that a manually operated gear shift linkage is used to select the desired gear range. You’d further discover that the transmission shift points are controlled by an externally mounted throttle linkage. From there, the book explains the transmission case and converter housing consists of a one-piece aluminum casting. An aluminum adapter housing is used to connect the transmission to the various transfer case models.
In addition to the well-written, step-by-step text instructions, this manual contains a huge number of excellent illustrations and exploded views to provide tremendous clarity for the jobs at hand. Please scroll down to the sample page in order to see an example of just how well the visual aids complement the text. It helps to give you the confidence to do the tasks yourself. You can save money and also enjoy that feeling of accomplishment which comes from completing the jobs.
It’s important to know that this freshly printed and packaged version retains all of the material from the original source. While it may sound a little strange, what your automatic needs…is this “manual”! Keep your beloved Jeep rolling on the streets and trails, by following the advice of the factory experts. Order yours today!
This factory-written shop manual is perfect for service, repairs, restoration and rebuild projects. Clear illustrations show exploded views, as well as component details and more.
Subject: 1984 - 1988 Jeep 700 / 900 Series Transmission Service Manual - Includes Detailed Procedures and Instructions.
| OEM Part Number: 8981-320-381