This 1984 - 1988 Jeep MOT I-6 Engine Service Manual is a high quality, PRINT reproduction of the shop manual which was written and first published by the experts at the original equipment manufacturer (OEM), American Motors Company (AMC), for use by their AMC and Jeep dealership mechanics. Now, this excellent resource for the legendary 4.0 and 4.2 liter six-cylinder engines can be yours!
- 1984 - 1988 American Motors Eagle
- 1984 - 1987 American Motors Eagle Limited
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Cherokee
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Cherokee Chief
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Cherokee Limited
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer
- 1984 - 1986 Jeep CJ7
- 1985 - 1986 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
- 1984 - 1986 Jeep CJ7 Renegade
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Comanche Truck
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Comanche Chief Truck
- 1988 Jeep Comanche Eliminator Truck
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Comanche Laredo Truck
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer Truck
- 1984 - 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
- 1984 - 1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Limited
- 1984 - 1986 Jeep J10 Truck
- 1984 - 1986 Jeep J20 Truck
- 1984 - 1985 Jeep Scrambler
- 1985 Jeep Scrambler Laredo
- 1985 Jeep Scrambler Renegade
- 1984 Jeep Scrambler SR
- 1984 Jeep Wagoneer
- 1987 Jeep Wagoneer
- 1984 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Wagoneer Limited
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Wrangler
- 1988 Jeep Wrangler Islander
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Wrangler Laredo
- 1988 Jeep Wrangler S
- 1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
- 1987 - 1988 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Within the pages of this component service manual, you’ll find the factory specifications and instructions necessary to overhaul your engine. Beyond a helpful, general description, the industry professionals have included sections regarding: cylinder head disassembly, valve resurfacing, valve guide replacement, valve spring tension test, cylinder block disassembly, cylinder bock assembly and cylinder head assembly. Please open the Table of Contents tab on this webpage in order see just how thoroughly these classic engines have been covered.
Before you can determine what is necessary for the rebuild, it helps to know what you have. As far as engine identification, did you know that an engine build date code is located on a machined surface on the right side of the cylinder block between the number two and number three cylinders? Well, you’d definitely know that if you owned this helpful guide and flipped to page eight. It goes on to tell you that the numbers of the code identify the year, month and day that the engine was built. This book also shows you how to decode the letters to determine the cubic inch displacement, carburetor type and compression ratio.
In addition to the well-written text, you’ll find a huge number of superior illustrations, exploded-views, tables, cut-away views and more. Please take a moment to scroll down to the sample page in order to get a glimpse of how nicely the text and visual tools complement each other.
With a reputation of being reliable, torquey and inexpensive, these great engines have powered a number of extremely popular vehicles over the years. They’re part of the rich history of the “No road? No problem.” Crowd. When it’s time for you to give yours a new start, be sure that the first tool you pick up is a copy of this service manual. It’s a freshly printed reproduction which retains all of the information from the original source. Stop stalling and start overhauling!
This factory-written shop manual is perfect for service, repairs, restoration and rebuild projects. Clear illustrations show exploded views, as well as component details, plus specifications on engine data, engine torque, carburetion and more.
Subject: 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988 Jeep MOT I-6 Engine Service Manual - Includes Detailed Procedures and Instructions.
| OEM Part Number: 8980-010-422