The 1993-2000 Honda GL1500 Gold Wing DIY repair manual by Clymer covers:
Book Excerpt: 1993-2000 Honda GL1500 Gold Wing Repair Manual
- Honda Gold Wing GL1500SE
- Honda Gold Wing GL1500A Aspencade
- Honda Gold Wing GL1500I Interstate
EXHAUST PIPE PROTECTORS: REMOVAL / INSTALLATION (GL1500A and GL1500I)
These models are equipped with 3 exhaust pipe protectors: 2 left-hand side (front and rear) protectors and a single protector mounted on the right-hand side.
The protectors can be removed independently of each other.
- Remove the chamber cover as described in this chapter.
- Remove the fairing front cover and the under cover as described in Chapter Fifteen.
- To remove the front, left-hand exhaust pipe protector:
- Remove the shift pedal pinch bolt and remove the shift pedal.
- Remove the bolts, nuts and washers securing the front exhaust pipe protector and remove the protector.
- To remove the rear, left-hand side exhaust pipe protector:
- Remove the left-hand exhaust pipe as described in this chapter.
- Remove the left-hand side exhaust pipe protector mounting bolts and remove the protector.
The water pump (Figure 20) is mounted at the front of the engine, next to the oil filter.
The water pump is sold as a complete unit only. If any component is damaged, the entire water pump assembly must be replaced.
The 2 water pump O-rings, however, can be replaced separately.
If the coolant level has been dropping, check the vent hole (A, Figure 21) at the bottom of the water pump housing.
Figure 21 shows the water pump removed for clarity. If coolant leaks from the hole, the internal water pump seal is damaged. Replace the water pump as a unit.
If coolant is not leaking from the vent hole, pressure test the cooling system as described under Coolant Change in Chapter Three.
Subject: 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 Honda GL1500 Gold Wing service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892878584 | ISBN-13: 9780892878581 | Clymer M506-2