- GOING OUT OF PRINT - LIMITED QUANTITY -
The Clymer 1970-1987 Honda ATC, TRX, Fourtrax 70-125 covers the following ATV models:
Book Excerpt: 1970-1987 Honda ATC70, ATC90, ATC110, ATC125, Fourtrax 70 and 125, TRX125 Repair Manual
- Honda ATC70, 1973-1974, 1978-1985
- Honda ATC90, 1970-1978
- Honda ATC110, 1979-1985
- Honda Fourtrax 70, 1986-1987
- Honda ATC125M, 1984-1985
- Honda TRX125, 1985
- Honda Fourtrax 125, 1986
CLUTCH AND TRANSMISSION
CLUTCH RELEASE MECHANISM
CHAPTER SEVEN | ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
The clutch release mechanism is located within the right-hand crankcase cover (Figure 58).
EXTERNAL SHIFT MECHANISM
- Drain the engine oil as described in Chapter Three.
- Remove the bolts securing the right-hand crankcase cover and remove the cover and the gasket. Don't lose the locating dowels.
- From the exterior of the crankcase cover, remove the locknut and washer from the adjuster screw.
- Within the right-hand crankcase cover, remove the adjuster screw and the O-ring seal.
- Install by reversing these removal steps, noting the following.
- Refill the engine with the recommended type and quantity of engine oil; refer to Chapter Three.
- Adjust the clutch as described in Chapter Three.
The external shift mechanism is located on the right-hand side of the engine, under the crankcase cover and next to the clutch assembly.
The mechanism can be removed with the engine in the frame.
To remove the shift drum and shift forks it is necessary to remove the engine and split the crankcase. This procedure is covered under Shift Drum and Shift Forks in this chapter.
This chapter contains operating principles and service and test procedures for all electrical and ignition components. Information on the battery and spark plugs is covered in Chapter Three.
The electrical system includes the following systems:
Table 1-4 are at the end of this chapter. Wiring diagrams are at the end of the book.
- Charging system (models with a battery).
- Ignition system.
- Starting system (models so equipped).
- Lighting system.
CHARGING SYSTEM (MODELS SO EQUIPPED)
The charging system consists of the battery, alternator and a solid-state voltage regulator/ rectifier. Figure 1 shows a typical charging system.
Alternating current generated by the alternator is rectified to direct current. The voltage regulator maintains the voltage to the electrical load (lights, ignition, etc.) at a constant voltage regardless of variations in engine speed and load.
Subject: 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987 Honda ATC70, ATC90, ATC110, ATC125, Fourtrax 70, Fourtrax 125, TRX125 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892872144 | ISBN-13: 9780892872145 | Clymer M311