The Haynes 54070 - KIA Sephia, KIA Spectra, KIA Sportage Repair Manual provides DIY repair procedures and instructions to help you service and repair your Kia automobile.
The specific years and models covered are:
- KIA Sephia 1994-2001
- KIA Spectra 2000-2009
- KIA Sportage 2005-2020
A Haynes repair manual is written by a collaboration of writers, photographers and mechanics. They actually tear down and rebuild the target car models together, each capturing their unique vantage point. The DIY mechanic benefits from this process because the procedures, instructions and photos are easy to understand and follow.
The following engines are covered in this Kia Sephia, Spectra, Sportage service manual:
Book Excerpt: 1994-2020 KIA Sephia, Spectra, Sportage Repair Manual
- 1.6L SOHC engine
- 1.6L DOHC engine
- 1.8L DOHC engine
- 2.0L DOHC engine
- 2.0L DOHC SULEV engine
- 2.7L V6 DOHC (G6BA)
INTAKE MANIFOLD | REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
WARNING! Wait until the engine is completely cool before beginning this procedure.
- Disconnect the cable from the negative battery terminal (see Chapter 5), and then drain the cooling system (see Chapter 1).
UPPER INTAKE MANIFOLD (Refer to illustration 5.11)
- Remove the engine cover (see illustration 4.2) and the air intake duct assembly (see Chapter 4).
- Disconnect the accelerator cable (see Chapter 4).
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the Throttle Position (TP) sensor, the Idle Speed Actuator (ISA), the Variable Intake Solenoid (VIS) actuator, the fuel injectors, the Purge Control Solenoid Valve (PCSV) and the Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor (see Chapter 6, if necessary).
Label each connector using tape and a marker to ensure correct reassembly. Pull the wiring harnesses aside. The wiring and hoses vary from model to model - make sure that all interfering hoses and harnesses have been labeled, disconnected and pulled out of the way.
- Disconnect the EVAP hose from the Purge Control Solenoid Valve (PCSV), the brake booster vacuum hose and the Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve hose (see Chapter 6, if necessary).
- Remove the ground strap bolt and disconnect the ground strap from the upper intake manifold.
- Disconnect the coolant hoses from the throttle body (see Chapter 4). Note: Clamp off the coolant hoses before detaching them, or plug them as soon as they are detached.
Be prepared for coolant spillage. (It's not necessary to remove the throttle body from the upper intake manifold in order to remove the manifold.)
- Unbolt and remove the upper intake manifold support bracket from the back of the manifold.
- Remove the bolts mounting the upper intake manifold to the lower intake manifold, following the reverse of the tightening sequence (see illustration 5.11) and remove the upper intake manifold.
Pull the manifold forward and detach the accelerator cable and cruise control cable from the cable bracket on the backside of the manifold (see illustration 10.1b in Chapter 4).
METAL BRAKE LINES
- When replacing brake lines, be sure to use the correct parts. Don't use copper tubing for any brake system components. Purchase steel brake lines from a dealer parts department or auto parts store.
- Prefabricated brake line, with the tube ends already flared and fittings installed, is available at some auto parts stores and dealer parts departments. These lines can be bent to the proper shapes using a tubing bender.
- When installing the new line make sure it's well supported in the brackets and has plenty of clearance between moving or hot components.
- After installation, check the master cylinder fluid level and add fluid as necessary. Bleed the brake system as outlined in Section 10 and test the brakes carefully before placing the vehicle into normal operation.
Subject: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 KIA Sephia, KIA Spectra,KIA Sportage service, maintenance, and repair instructions.
ISBN-10: 1620923882 | ISBN-13: 9781620923887 | UPC: 038345540707 | Haynes 54070