Book Excerpt: 1982-1994 Nissan Sentra Repair Manual INTRODUCTION
Nissan Sentra models are available in hatchback, two- and four-door sedan and station wagon body styles. The transversely mounted inline four-cylinder engines used in these models are equipped with either a carburetor or electronic fuel injection. The engine drives the front wheels through either a four- or five-speed manual or a three- or four-speed automatic transaxle via independent driveaxles. Independent suspension, featuring coil spring/strut damper units, is used on the front wheels, while independent suspension using shock absorbers and coil springs or coil spring/strut damper is used at the rear. The rack and pinion steering unit is mounted behind the engine with power-assist available as an option. The brakes are disc at the front and drums or disc at the rear, with power assist standard. An Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) became available on later models.
FUEL AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS | FUEL INJECTED ENGINES AIR INTAKE PLENUM WITH THROTTLE BODY F
(Refer to illustrations 10.2, 10.8a, 10.8b and 10.8c) REMOVAL
- Detach the cable from the negative terminal of the battery.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors at the AAC valve, throttle position sensor (TPS), AIV control solenoid and EGR/EVAP canister control solenoid (see illustration).
- Detach the accelerator cable (see Section 6) and transmission linkage (see Chapter 7) from the throttle body assembly.
- Remove the accelerator cable from the intake manifold (see Section 6).
- Clearly label, then detach, the vacuum lines from air intake plenum, the EGR valve, the BPT valve and the fuel pressure regulator.
- Detach the PCV system by disconnecting the hose from the fitting on the intake plenum.
- If equipped, detach the canister purge line or lines from the throttle body.
- Remove the upper air intake plenum retaining bolts (see illustration) and the lower (side) retaining bolts (see illustrations).
- Remove the upper intake manifold and throttle body as an assembly from the lower intake manifold.
Subject: 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 Nissan Sentra service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1563921502 | ISBN-13: 9781563921506 | Haynes 72050
About this manual | Introduction to the Nissan Sentra | Vehicle identification numbers | Buying parts | Maintenance techniques, tools and working facilities | Jacking and towing | Booster battery (jump) starting | Automotive chemicals and lubricants | Conversion factors | Fraction/decimal/millimeter equivalents | Safety first! | Troubleshooting
- Tune-up and routine maintenance
- General engine overhaul procedures
- Cooling heating and air conditioning systems
- Fuel and exhaust systems - carbureted engines
- Fuel and exhaust systems - fuel-injected engines
- Engine electrical systems
- Emissions and engine control systems
- Manual transaxle
- Automatic transaxle
- Clutch and driveaxles
- Suspension and steering systems
- Chassis electrical system
- Wiring diagrams