The 1980-1986 Honda ATC185, ATC200 repair manual by Clymer covers 3-wheeler ATVs, including:
- Honda ATC185, 1980
- Honda ATC185S, 1981-1983
- Honda ATC200, 1981-1983
- Honda ATC200E, 1982-1983
- Honda ATC200ES, 1984
- Honda ATC200S, 1984-1986
- Honda ATC200M, 1984-1985
- Honda ATC200X, 1983-1985
Note: This manual does NOT include the 1986 ATC200X.
Book Excerpt: 1980-1986 Honda ATC185, ATC200 Repair Manual
MANUAL CLUTCH INSPECTION
DISC BRAKE LINES
- Clean all parts in a petroleum based solvent such as kerosene and thoroughly dry with compressed air.
- Measure the free length of each clutch spring as shown in Figure 50. Replace all springs as a set if any are worn to the service limit or less (Table 1).
- Measure the thickness of each friction disc at several places around the disc as shown in Figure 51. Refer to Table 1 for specifications. For optimum performance, replace all discs as a set even if only a few need replacement.
- Check the clutch plates for warpage on a surface place such as a piece of plate glass (Figure 52). Refer to Table 1 for specifications. For optimum performance, replace all plates as a set even if only a few need replacement.
Check the brake lines between the master cylinder and the brake caliper assembly. If there is any leakage, tighten the connections and bleed the brakes as described in Chapter Ten.
DISC BRAKE PAD WEAR
If tightening the connection does not stop the leak or if the brake line is obviously damaged, cracked or chafed, replace the brake line and bleed the system as described in Chapter Ten.
Inspect the brake pads for excessive or uneven wear or scoring of the disc.
TABLE of CONTENTS:
If the front pads are worn to the bottom of the wear limit groove or the rear pads are worn to the groove is exposed (Figure 41), the pads must be replaced.
If pad replacement is necessary, refer to Chapter Ten.
- General Information
- Lubrication, Maintenance and Tune-up
- Clutch and Transmission
- Fuel and Exhaust Systems
- Ignition System
- Front Suspension and Steering
- Rear Suspension
- Wiring Diagrams
Subject: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986 Honda 3-Wheeler ATC185, ATC185S, ATC200, ATC200E, ATC200ES, ATC200S, ATC200M, ATC200X service and repair info. ISBN-10: 0892873450 ISBN-13: 9780892873456 | Clymer M326