The Honda TRX500 Foreman do-it-yourself ATV repair manual by Clymer, covers the following models:
- Honda TRX500FE, 2005-2011
- Honda TRX500FM, 2005-2011
- Honda TRX500TM, 2005-2006
- Honda TRX500FPE, 2007-2011
- Honda TRX500FPM, 2008
CLUTCH, PRIMARY DRIVE GEAR AND ESP GEARS
CYLINDER HEAD STUDS
The change clutch (B, Figure 21) can be removed with the engine installed in the frame.
Refer to Figure 46 when servicing the change clutch assembly.
Before removing the clutch locknut, note the following;
- The clutch locknut is staked to a notch in the mainshaft. Purchase a new locknut for reassembly.
- When loosening and tightening the clutch locknut, some means of holding the change clutch will be required. The following list suggests methods for the home mechanic:
- A clutch center holder tool (Honda part No. 07JMB-MN50301 Figure 47), or an equivalent, is needed to hold the clutch when loosening the tightening the clutch locknut.
- An air impact wrench and air compressor. This tool setup can be used to loosen the clutch locknut. However, when tightening the locknut during clutch assembly, a separate tool is required to hold the clutch so that the clutch locknut can be tightened with a torque wrench.
- When tightening the clutch locknut, use a tool such as a used gear, or its equivalent, to lock the clutch outer gear to the primary drive gear. A gear segment tool (Honda part No. 07724-0010100 (Figure 48) is also available.
The cylinder head and cylinder are secured by studs located in the crankcase and cylinder. The front and rear studs (Figure 30) are located in the cylinder. The remaining studs are located in the crankcase. To service the cylinder retaining studs, refer to Cylinder Studs in this chapter.
Detailed easy-to-follow instructions, accompanied by sharp photos and illustrations, guide you through every procedure, from basic maintenance and troubleshooting, all the way to teardown and rebuild.
Subject: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Honda TRX500 Foreman ATV service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1599694107 | ISBN-13: 9781599694108 | Clymer M206