The 1987-1996 Yamaha FZR600, FZR750, FZR1000 Fours sportbike repair manual by Haynes, covers the following models:
- Yamaha FZR600 (599cc), 1989-1996
- Yamaha FZR600R (599cc), 1989-1996
- Yamaha FZR750R (750cc), 1987-1988
- Yamaha FZR1000 (989cc), 1987-1988
- Yamaha FZR1000 (1002cc), 1989-1995
Book Excerpt: 1987-1996 Yamaha FZR600, FZR750, FZR1000 Repair Manual
- Yamaha FZR600 (599cc), 1989-1993
- Yamaha FZR750R (OW01 - 749cc), 1989-1992
- Yamaha FZR1000 (982cc), 1987-1988
- Yamaha FZR1000 (1002cc), 1989-1996
FUEL AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS
CARBURETORS | SEPARATION AND REASSEMBLY
- The carburetors won?t need to be separated for normal overhaul. If you need to separate them (to replace a carburetor body, for example), remove them (see Section 7) and refer to the following procedure.
FZR600 AND ALL 1989-ON FZR750/1000 MODELS
- Remove the choke shaft (see Section 8).
- Remove the nuts from the two long bolts that hold the carburetors together (the upper bracket bolts and the lower bracket bolt) (see illustration 8.1, 8.41 or 8.55).
- Note how the synchronizing screws are springs are assembled (see Chapter 1). As you pull the carburetors apart, keep track of the synchronizer screw springs. They should stay with the adjusting screws, but if they don?t, find them and install them as shown in Chapter 1 so they aren?t lost.
- Pull out the upper and lower bracket bolts and remove the spacers and fittings from between the carburetors.
- Assembly is the reverse of the disassembly procedure. Before tightening the connecting bolts, place the carburetor assembly on a surface plate with the manifold side down.
Use new O-rings on the fuel and vent line fittings. Tighten the connecting bolts and nuts to the torque listed in this Chapter?s Specifications.
The models covered in this manual are equipped with hydraulic disc brakes on the front and rear. 1989 FZR600 models use a pair of dual-piston calipers at the front.
1994 and later FZR1000 models use a pair of six-piston calipers at the front. All other models use a pair of four-piston calipers at the front. All models use one dual-piston caliper at the rear.
The rear caliper on the 1988 and later FZR750 models is mounted beneath the disc; on all others it?s mounted about the disc.
All models are equipped with cast aluminum wheels, which require very little maintenance and allow tubeless tires to be used.
CAUTION! Disc brake components rarely require disassembly. Do not disassemble components unless absolutely necessary.
Subject: 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996 Yamaha FZR600, FZR750, FZR1000 Fours service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 185960370X | ISBN-13: 9781859603703 | Haynes 2056