The 1989-1993 Yamaha FZR600 repair manual by Clymer, covers sportbike models indicated.
Book Excerpt: 1989-1993 Yamaha FZR600 Repair Manual
CONNECTING RODS: REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
- Split the crankcase as described in this chapter.
- Measure the connecting rod big end side clearance. Insert a flat feeler gauge between a connecting rod big end and either crankshaft machined web (Figure 197).
Record the clearance for each connecting rod and compare to the specifications in Table 1. If the clearance is excessive, replace the connecting rod(s) and recheck clearance. If clearance is still excessive, replace the crankshaft.
NOTE: Prior to disassembly, mark the rods and caps with a "1," "2," "3," and "4" starting from the left-hand side.
- Remove the crankshaft assembly as described in this chapter.
- Remove the connecting rod cap nuts (Figure 205) and separate the rods from the crankshaft. Keep each cap with its original rod, with the weight mark on the end of the cap matching the mark on the rod (Figure 206).
NOTE: Keep each bearing insert in its original place in the crankcase, rod or rod cap. If you are going to assemble the engine with the original inserts, they must be installed exactly as removed in order to prevent rapid wear.
- Install by reversing these removal steps, while noting the following:
- Install the bearing insert (Figure 207) into each connecting rod and cap. Make sure they are locked in place correctly.
- Apply assembly lube to the bearing inserts.
All models are equipped with dual front and single rear disc brakes. This chapter describes repair and replacement procedures for all brake components.
Refer to Table 1 for brake specifications. Tables 1 and 2 are found of the end of the chapter.
The disc brake units are actuated by hydraulic fluid controlled by the front brake hand lever or rear brake pedal.
As the front pads wear, the brake fluid level drops in the master cylinder reservoir and automatically adjusts for pad wear.
Rear disc brake pad wear must be compensated for by periodic rear brake pedal adjustment; see Rear Brake Pedal Height Adjustment and Rear Brake Light Switch Adjustment in Chapter Three.
Subject: 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 Yamaha FZR600 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892875925 | ISBN-13: 9780892875924 | Clymer M396