The 1975-1981 Suzuki RM50-RM400 Twin Shock motocross bike repair manual by Clymer, covers the following models:
Book Excerpt: 1975-1981 Suzuki RM50, RM60, RM80, RM100, RM125, RM250, RM370, RM400 Repair Manual
- Suzuki RM50, 1978-1980
- Suzuki RM60, 1979-1982
- Suzuki RM80, 1977-1981
- Suzuki RM100, 1976-1981
- Suzuki RM125, 1975-1980
- Suzuki RM250, 1976-1980
- Suzuki RM370, 1976-1977
- Suzuki RM400, 1978-1980
FRONT SUSPENSION AND STEERING
All RM models are equipped with dampened telescopic front forks. The dampening rate is determined by the amount and viscosity of the oil used. Springs support the weight. Newer models are equipped with air forks.
The addition of a controlled amount of air assists the springs in supporting the weight of the machine and rider. This feature allows a more precise tailoring of the front suspension to the particulars of rider weight, temperature, and terrain.
Fork service procedures, including pressurizing air forks, are outlined in Chapter Three.
Tables 1-4 are at the end of the chapter.
- Loosen screw securing brake cable clamp (Figure 1).
- Remove cotter pin securing axle nut (Figure 2).
- Loosen pinch bolt securing axle to right fork leg (Figure 3) on models so equipped.
The cylinder is constructed of a steel alloy capable of being bored 2 or 3 times (Table 2) to accommodate for wear.
CAUTION: Do not rotate or twist cylinder during removal or rings may be broken.
- If engine is still installed in the motorcycle perform Exhaust System Removal and Carburetor Removal as outlined in Chapter Six.
- Remove cylinder head.
- Remove nuts securing cylinder barrel to crankcase (Figure 10).
- Rotate crankshaft until piston is at the bottom of the stroke and lift off cylinder (Figure 11). Stuff clean rags around connecting rod to prevent dirt from entering crankcase.
Subject: 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Suzuki RM50, RM60, RM80, RM100, RM125, RM250, RM370, RM400 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892871962 | ISBN-13: 9780892871964 | Clymer M371