The 1995-2000 Suzuki GSF600 Bandit repair manual by Clymer:
Book Excerpt: 1995-2000 Suzuki GSF600 Bandit 600 Repair and Service Manual
- Suzuki GSF600 Bandit, 1995 to 2000
- Suzuki GSF600S Bandit, 1995 to 2000
CYLINDER HEAD COVER
The cylinder head cover can be removed with the engine mounted in the frame.
- Place the motorcycle on level ground on the centerstand.
- Remove the fairing and fairing mounting brackets as described in Chapter Fourteen.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable as described in Chapter Three.
- Remove the fuel tank as described in Chapter Eight.
- On models with a PAIR system, remove the PAIR system, remove the PAIR valve assembly as described in Chapter Eight.
- Disconnect the spark plug wires and caps.
- Disconnect the crankcase breather hose (A, Figure 2) from the breather cover.
- Remove the breather cover (B, Figure 2) and gasket from the top of the cylinder head cover.
- Remove the mounting bolts securing the oil hose fittings (C, Figure 2) to the cylinder head cover, and move the hoses out of the way. Remove the O-rings from each hose fitting. Install new O-rings during installation to prevent oil leaks.
On 1995-1999 models, the fuse box is located under the seat, just behind the battery (Figure 128). On 2000 models, it is located behind the seat latch (B, Figure 114).
Whenever a fuse blows, determine the reason for the failure before replacing the fuse. Usually, the trouble is a short circuit in the wiring. This may be caused by worn-through insulation or a disconnected wire shorted to ground.
- Remove the seat as described in Chapter Fourteen.
- Remove the fuse box cover.
- Remove the fuse and inspect it. There is a spare fuse inside the fuse box.
- Install the new fuse and push it all the way down until it seats completely, then install the cover.
- Install the seat.
- Replace the spare fuse as soon as possible.
Subject: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 Suzuki GSF600, GSF600S Bandit service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892877820 | ISBN-13: 9780892877829 | Clymer M338