This Haynes repair manual covers 1990-1997 Kawasaki Zephyr motorcycles, including:
Book Excerpt: 1990-1997 Kawasaki ZR550, ZR750 Zephyr Repair Manual
- Kawasaki Zephyr ZR550 Four, UK/US 1990-1997
- Kawasaki Zephyr ZR750 Four, UK/US 1990-1997
- Kawasaki Zephyr ZR550B, UK 1991-1997, US 1990-1993
- Kawasaki Zephyr ZR750C, UK 1991-1996, US 1991-1993
- Kawasaki Zephyr ZR750D, UK 1996-1997
MAINTENANCE AND SERVICING
FRAME, SUSPENSION AND FINAL DRIVE
HEADLIGHT AIM: CHECK AND ADJUSTMENT
Note: an improperly adjusted headlight may cause problems for oncoming traffic or provide poor, unsafe illumination of the road ahead. Before adjusting the headlight aim, be sure to consult with local traffic laws and regulations - for UK models refer to MOT Test checks in the Reference section.
- The headlight beam can adjust both horizontally and vertically. Before making any adjustment, check that the tire pressures are correct and the suspension is adjusted as required.
Make any adjustments to the headlight aim with the machine on level ground, with the fuel tank half full and with an assistant sitting on the seat. If the bike is usually ridden with a passenger on the back, have a second assistant to do this.
- Horizontal adjustment is made by turning the adjuster screw in the right-hand side of the headlight rim (see illustration). Turn it clockwise to move the beam to the right, and anti-clockwise to move it to the left.
- Vertical adjustment is made by turning the adjuster screw in the base of the headlight (see illustration). Turn it clockwise to move the beam up, and anti-clockwise to move it down.
HANDLEBARS AND LEVERS | HANDLEBARS: REMOVAL
NOTE: If required, the handlebars can be displaced for access to the fork top bolts or the steering stem nut without removing the switch housings and the front brake master cylinder assembly and the clutch lever assembly.
- Remove the screws securing both the left- and the right-hand switch housings to the handlebar, noting how the top mating surfaces of the switch housings align with the top mating surfaces of the brake master cylinder and clutch lever assembly clamps, then separate the switch halves.
Detach the throttle cables from the throttle pulley and note how the choke lever fits (see Chapter 3 if required), then remove the housings from the handlebar, noting how they fit (see Chapter 8 if required). There is no need to disconnect the switch housing wiring at its connector blocks.
- Disconnect the brake light switch wiring connectors from the underside of the master cylinder. Unscrew the two clamp bolts securing the front brake master cylinder assembly to the handlebar and lift the assembly away (see Chapter 6 if required).
There is no need to disconnect the hose from the master cylinder. Support the assembly in an upright position and so that no strain is placed on the hose.
Subject: 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 Kawasaki ZR550, ZR750 Zephyr Fours service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1859603823 | ISBN-13: 9781859603826 | Haynes 3382