The 1991-1998 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7, ZX7R, ZX7RR sportbike repair manual by Clymer, covers the following models:
Book Excerpt: 1991-1998 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7, ZX7R, ZX7RR Repair Manual
- Kawasaki ZX7 J1, J2 - U.S., Canada, U.K. 1991-1992
- Kawasaki ZX7R K1, K2 - U.S., Canada, U.K. 1991-1992
- Kawasaki ZX7 L1, L2, L3 - U.S., Canada, U.K. 1993-1995
- Kawasaki ZX7R M1, M2 - U.S., Canada, U.K. 1993-1994
- Kawasaki ZX7RR N1 - U.S., Canada, U.K. 1996
- Kawasaki ZX7R P1, P2, P3 - U.S., Canada, U.K., Europe 1996-1998
LUBRICATION, MAINTENANCE AND TUNE-UP
A cylinder cranking compression test is one of the quickest ways to check the internal condition of the engine (piston rings, pistons, head gasket, valves and cylinders).
It is a good idea to check compression at each tune-up, write it down and compare it with the reading you get at the next tune-up. This will help you spot any developing problems.
- Warm the engine to normal operating temperature. Turn the engine off.
- Remove the fuel tank and air filter air box as described in Chapter Eight.
- Remove all 4 spark plugs as described in this chapter.
- Thread the top of a compression gauge into the No. 4 cylinder (Figure 191). Lubricate the adapter with a light coat of anti-seize compound to prevent damaging the spark plug hole threads in the cylinder head.
The pressurized cooling system consists of a radiator, radiator cap, thermostat, electric cooling fan and a coolant reservoir tank. The coolant temperature gauge on the instrument panel monitors coolant temperature. During engine operation, check the gauge reading often.
Normally, the needle should operate within the white zone, indicating normal coolant temperature. If the needle should start to climb rapidly or reach the H line, turn the engine off and allow the engine and coolant to cool. Then check the coolant level.
It is important to keep the coolant level at the FULL mark on the coolant reservoir tank. Refer to Figure 1 for 1991-1995 models or Figure 2 for 1996-on models. Always add coolant to the reservoir tank, not the radiator.
Subject: 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7, ZX7R, ZX7RR service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892876743 | ISBN-13: 9780892876747 | Clymer M469