The 1995-1999 Kawasaki Lakota KEF300 repair manual by Clymer covers models indicated.
This manual was written for do-it-yourself mechanics who want to perform their own maintenance, service and repairs on their Kawasaki ATVs.
Clear photos and illustrations, accompanied by easy-to-follow text instructions guide you through every step, from basic maintenance to complete component teardown and reassembly.
Book Excerpt: 1995-1999 Kawasaki Lakota KEF300 Repair Manual
CLUTCH, PRIMARY DRIVE AND EXTERNAL SHIFT MECHANISM
This chapter describes service procedures for the following sub-assemblies:
These sub-assemblies can be removed with the engine in the frame. Clutch specifications and tightening torque are listed in Table 1 and Table 2. Table 1 and Table 2 are at the end of the chapter.
- Clutch cover.
- Clutch release mechanism.
- Clutch assembly.
- Primary drive.
- External shift mechanism.
The clutch release mechanism is installed in the clutch cover.
REMOVAL (Refer to Figure 1)
- Park the vehicle on level ground and set the parking brake.
- Drain the engine oil as described in Chapter Three.
- Remove the right foot peg assembly as described in Chapter Thirteen.
- Remove the clevis pin (Figure 2) securing the brake pedal to the master cylinder, and move the brake pedal out of the way.
- Remove the engine mounting nuts (A, Figure 3) and the right bracket (B, Figure 3). Reinstall the nuts.
- Remove the clutch cover mounting bolts and the clutch cover. See Figure 4.
Subject: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 Kawasaki Lakota KEF300 service, repair. ISBN-10: 0892877308 | ISBN-13: 9780892877300 | Clymer M470