This Haynes DIY repair and service manual covers 2001-2010 Honda GL1800 Gold Wing touring motorcycles.
FUEL LEVEL GAUGE
FUEL, EXHAUST AND EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEMS
- Check the speedometer, tachometer and coolant temperature gauge. If they're not working either, check the power and ground lines to the instrument cluster, referring to the wiring diagrams at the end of this manual.
- If the other gauges are working, make sure the ignition key is in the Off position, then remove the seat (see Chapter 8).
- Disconnect the wiring connector from the fuel level sender (see illustration). Turn the key to On. The low fuel light should come on and the fuel gauge needle should point to E.
- Turn the ignition key to Off. Connect a length of wire between the gray/black wire's terminal in the sender harness and ground (nearby bare metal).
The low fuel light should stay out and the fuel gauge needle should point to F.
- If, as this point, the low fuel light and the gauge indicate different fuel levels (for example, the low fuel light is on but the gauge needs point to F), remove the instrument cluster from the housing and replace it with a new cluster.
THROTTLE BODY: REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
Subject: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 Honda GL1800 Gold Wing service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1620921901 | ISBN-13: 9781620921906 | Haynes 2787