This repair manual by Clymer, covers 1997-2003 Honda Valkyrie motorcycles, including:
Book Excerpt: 1997-2003 Honda GL1500C Valkyrie Repair Manual
- Honda Valkyrie GL1500C (GL1500) 1997-2003
- Honda Valkyrie GL1500CT Tourer 1997-2000
- Honda Valkyrie GL1500CF Interstate 1999-2001
TRANSMISSION AND GEARSHIFT MECHANISM
This chapter describes service procedures for the shift mechanism, transmission, primary drive gears and the output shaft. Tables 1-4 are at the end of the chapter.
EXTERNAL SHIFT MECHANISM
The external shift mechanism (A, Figure 1) is located at the front of the engine under the engine front cover. Most of the parts can be removed while the engine is in the frame. To remove the gearshift arm (B, Figure 1) and gearshift spindle, it is necessary to remove the engine and separate the crankcase.
To remove the shift drum and shift forks, it is necessary to remove the engine and separate the crankcase. This procedure is covered under Internal Shift Mechanism in this chapter. Refer to Figure 2 for this procedure.
- Remove the engine front cover as described in Chapter Four.
- Remove the bolt (A, Figure 3) securing the gearshift drum center to the shift drum. Remove the gearshift drum center (B, Figure 3).
- Lift the shift arm (A, Figure 4) up and set it on the bearing plate.
- Remove the stopper plate (B, Figure 4).
- Remove the cam plate and the four dowel pins (Figure 5).
Alternating currect generated by the alternator is rectified to direct current. The voltage regulator maintains a constant voltage to the battery and additional electrical loads, such as the lights and ignition, regardless of variations in engine speed and load.
The charging system (Figure 4) consists of the following components:
- Starter relay switch.
- Alternator with integral IC regulator and rectifier.
- Ignition switch.
- Main fuse (30A).
- Fuse (10A).
Subject: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
Honda Valkyrie service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892878851 | ISBN-13: 9780892878857 |Clymer M462-2