The Allis-Chalmers Repair Manual D-19, D21, 180, 185, 190, 200, 7000, 7010, 7020, 7030, 7040, 7045, 7050, 7060, 7080 by IandT, covers the following tractors:
- Allis-Chalmers D-19 gas and diesel
- Allis-Chalmers 180 gas and diesel
- Allis-Chalmers 185 gas and diesel
- Allis-Chalmers 190 gas and diesel
- Allis-Chalmers 190XT gas and diesel
- Allis-Chalmers 200 diesel
- Allis-Chalmers 7000 diesel
- Allis-Chalmers D-21 diesel
- Allis-Chalmers D-21 Series II diesel
- Allis-Chalmers Two-Ten diesel
- Allis-Chalmers Two-Twenty diesel
- Allis-Chalmers 7010 diesel
- Allis-Chalmers 7020 diesel
- Allis-Chalmers 7030 diesel
- Allis-Chalmers 7040 diesel
- Allis-Chalmers 7045 diesel
- Allis-Chalmers 7050 diesel
- Allis-Chalmers 7060 diesel
- Allis-Chalmers 7080 diesel
Note: manual includes wiring diagrams for D-19, 190, 190XT, 7000, D-21, Two-Ten and Two-Twenty ONLY.
Book Excerpt: Allis-Chalmers Repair Manual D-19, D21, 180, 185, 190, 200, 7000, 7010, 7020, 7030, 7040, 7045, 7050, 7060, 7080
COUNTERSHAFT AND GEARS
To remove countershaft and gears, the bevel pinion shaft must first be removed as outlined in paragraph 110. Remove plugs (5 and 14 - Fig. 96) from both ends of countershaft and snap ring (4) from front face of transmission housing. Press or bump shaft forward out of housing.
Gears (6,8,9,10 and11), spacer (7) and rear bearing cone (12) can be removed out top opening. Front bearing cone (2) and cup (3) will be pulled with shaft. If necessary to renew rear bearing cup (13), drive cup out toward front.
End play of countershaft in bearings is controlled by varying the thickness of the snap ring (4) at front end of shaft.
This snap ring is available in several thicknesses. If use of the thickest snap ring is not sufficient to control end play, the rear snap ring (150 may be removed and a thicker snap ring installed in that position; then, readjust end play with front snap ring.
Since the bearing cones fit against the gear and spacer stack instead of against shoulders on countershaft, end play can be checked only when the shaft is installed with all gears and spacers in place and all end play removed from gears and spacers on the shaft.
185, 200 AND 7000 MODELS WITH TWO-SPEED PTO
163. The intermediate pto shaft connects the front shaft (24-Fig. 133) to the 1000 rpm shaft (2-Fig. 139) and is located much the same as the rear pto shaft on single speed models. The shaft can be withdrawn after removing the lift arm housing. Transmission must be split from torque housing as outlined in paragraph 104 to renew seals (3 - Fig. 131) and bushing or bearing (2) at front of intermediate shaft. Lips of seals (3) should face away from each other on 185 and 200 models. Install seal on 7000 models with spring on inner side.
Subject: Allis-Chalmers farm tractor service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0872883647 | ISBN-13: 9780872883642