The Allis-Chalmers Repair Manual D-10, D-12, D-14, D-15, D-17, 160, 170, 175 covers the following tractors:
- D-10, D-10 Series III
- D-12, D-12 Series III
- D-15, D-15 Series III
- D-17, D-17 Series III, D-17 Series IV
- Model 160
- Model 170
- Model 175
This repair manual includes wiring diagrams for all Allis-Chalmers tractors listed, except Model 175.
Book Excerpt: Allis-Chalmers Repair Manual D-10, D-12, D-14, D-15, D-17, 160, 170, 175
The LP-Gas system available is designed and built by Ensign Carburetor Co. Like other LP-Gas systems, this system is designed to operate with the fuel tank no more than 80% filled.
The Ensign model Mg 1 carburetor and model W regulator have three points of mixture adjustment, plus an idle stop screw.
100. Starting Screw. Immediately after the engine is started, bring the throttle to the fully open position and with the choke in the fully closed position, rotate the starting screw(N- Fig. 61) until the highest engine speed is obtained. A slightly richer adjustment (counter-clockwise until speed drops slightly) may be desirable for a particular fuel or operating condition. Average adjustment is 1/4-turn open. Place controls in operating position by completely opening the choke.
101. Idle Stop Screw. Idle speed stop screw on the carburetor throttle should be adjusted to provide the correct low idle engine speed.
D-14 ..... 525-575 rpm
D-15 ..... 550-575 rpm
D-17 ..... 375-425 rpm
D-14 AND D-15 MODELS
198. Adjust Wheel Axle Shaft Bearings. Adjust bearings to a free rolling fit with no end play by varying the number of shims (6 Fig. 131) interposed between wheel axle shaft retaining cap screw washer (5) and inner end of shaft.
199. Renew Wheel Axle Bearings and/or Bull Gear. To renew either wheel axle shaft (18 Fig. 131), bull gear (13) and/or wheel axle shaft oil seal (17) or bearings (7 and 16), proceed as follows: Drain bull gear housing; then remove housing pan and rear wheel and tire unit.
Remove wheel axle shaft bearing dust cap, cap screw, washer (5) and shims . Working through bull gear housing opening remove bull gear positioning snap ring (12).
Support bull gear and bump wheel axle shaft out of bull gear and housing.
The oil seal (17) (lip facing bull gear) and/or bearings can be renewed at this time. Long hub of gear should face toward wheel.
Adjust wheel axle shaft bearings to a free rolling fit with no end play by varying the number of shims located on inner end of shaft.
200. Adjust Bull Pinion Bearings. Remove rear wheel and tire as a unit. Adjust bull pinion shaft bearings to a free rolling fit with zero end play by varying the number of shims (20 and 21- Fig. 131) interposed between bull gear housing (2) and bull pinion bearing retainer (19).
Subject: Allis-Chalmers D-10, D-12, D-14, D-15, D-17, 160, 170, 175 farm tractor service, maintenance, and repair procedures.
ISBN-10: 0872883582 | ISBN-13: 9780872883581