The 1987-2007 Suzuki Intruder VS1400, Boulevard S83 repair manual by Clymer, covers the following cruiser models:
Book Excerpt: 1987-2007 Suzuki Intruder VS1400, Boulevard S83 Repair and Service Manual
- Suzuki Intruder VS1400, 1987-2004
- Suzuki Boulevard S83, 2005-2007
TABLE of CONTENTS:
NOTE: The new pistons should be obtained before the cylinders are rebored so that the pistons can be measured.
- Soak the old cylinder head gasket with solvent. Use broad-tipped dull chisel to scrape off all gasket residue gently. Do not gouge the sealing surface as oil and air leaks will result.
- After the cylinder has been thoroughly cleaned, place a straightedge across the gasket surface at several points.
Measure warp by attempting to insert a feeler gauge between the straightedge and cylinder at each location (Figure 100).
Maximum allowable warpage is listed in Table 2. Warpage or nicks in the cylinder top surface could cause an air leak and result in overheating.
If warpage exceeds the limit, the cylinder head must be resurfaced or replaced. Consult a Suzuki dealership or machine shop experienced in this type of work.
- Measure the cylinder bore with a cylinder gauge (Figure 101) or inside micrometer at the points shown in Figure 102.
- Measure in 2 axes in line with the piston-pin and at 90* to the pin. If the taper or out-of-round is 0.004 in. (0.10 mm) or greater, the cylinder must be rebored to the next oversize and new piston and rings installed.
Rebore both cylinders even if only one is worn.
Slight manufacturing tolerances must be taken into account to determine the actual size and working clearance. Piston-to-cylinder wear limit is listed in Table 2.
If the cylinders are not worn past the service limit, thoroughly check the bore surface for scratches or gouges. If damaged in any way, the bore will require boring and reconditioning.
- General Information
- Lubrication, Maintenance and Tune-Up
- Engine Upper End
- Engine Lower End
- Clutch and External Shift Mechanism
- Transmission and Internal Shift Mechanism
- Fuel, Emission Control and Exhaust Systems
- Electrical System
- Front Suspension and Steering
- Rear Suspension and Final Drive
- Body and Frame
- Wiring Diagrams
With a Suzuki S83 being a basket case when I purchased it, I needed a manual that would give me the precise and accurate information that I needed to put this bike back together. The wiring diagrams were invaluable and made a difficult task one that was easy and correct. When I needed information on how to assemble it was all there and very easy to understand. This book was a real life saver. Thanks.
Subject: 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Suzuki Intruder VS1400, Boulevard S83 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1599692538 | ISBN-13: 9781599692531 | Clymer M482-3