The Suzuki LS650 Savage/Boulevard motorcycle is powered by an air-cooled, 4-stroke, single-cylinder engine with a single overhead camshaft (SOHC). Transmissions include a 4-speed for early models and a 5-speed for 1995-on bikes. Troubleshoot problems with Suzuki motorcycles, make simple repairs and perform routine maintenance tasks by consulting the Suzuki Savage LS650, Boulevard S40 Repair Manual by Clymer. Clymer repair manuals are designed for professionals and offer solid advice and clear no-nonsense instructions to get the job done right. The repair manual is compatible with 1986 to 2015 motorcycle models and includes color wiring diagrams for convenience.
The 1986-2015 Suzuki Savage 650, Boulevard S40 DIY repair manual by Clymer, covers:
- Suzuki LS650, 1986-1988
- Suzuki LS650, 1995-2004
- Suzuki LS650/Boulevard S40, 2005-2015
Order your Clymer Suzuki LS650 Savage/Boulevard motorcycle repair guide today for the most comprehensive collection of repair and maintenance procedures on the market. Clymer manuals are some of the most trusted resources on the market and are priced low to ensure every Suzuki motorcycle owner can properly care for their vehicle. Order yours today and enjoy free shipping to the continental United States.
The bike kit featured on the cover of this Suzuki S40 manual was built by Ryca Motors.
- Knocking or pinging during acceleration - Caused by using a lower octane fuel than recommended. May also be caused by poor fuel.
Pinging can also be caused by a spark plug of the wrong heat range. Refer to Spark Plug Selection in Chapter Three.
- Slapping or rattling noises at low speed or during acceleration - May be caused by piston slap (excessive piston to cylinder wall clearance).
- Knocking or rapping while decelerating - Usually caused by excessive rod bearing clearance.
- Rapid on-off squeal - Compression leak around cylinder head gasket or spark plugs.
Subject: 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 Suzuki Savage LS650, Boulevard S40 service, maintenance, and repair procedures.
ISBN-10: 1620921960 | ISBN-13: 9781620921968 | Clymer M384-5