The 1985-2009 Suzuki Intruder, Boulevard repair manual by Clymer, covers the following cruisers:
Book Excerpt: 1985-2009 Suzuki Intruder VS700, VS750, VS800, Boulevard VS800/S50 Repair Manual
- Suzuki Intruder VS700, 1986-1987 (U.S.)
- Suzuki Intruder VS750, 1988-1991 (U.S.), 1985-1991 (U.K.)
- Suzuki Intruder VS800, 1992-2004 (U.S.), 1992-1997 (U.K.)
- Suzuki Boulevard S50 (VS800/S50), 2005-2009
Often the first evidence of an internal engine problem is a strange noise. That knocking, clicking or tapping sound which you never heard before may be warning you of impending trouble.
TABLE of CONTENTS:
While engine noises can indicate problems, they are difficult to interpret correctly; inexperienced mechanics can be seriously misled by them.
Professional mechanics often use a special stethoscope (which looks like a doctor's stethoscope) for isolating engine noises.
You can do nearly as well with a "sounding stick" which can be an ordinary piece of dowling, a length of broom handle or a section of small hose.
By placing one end in contact with the area to which you want to listen and the other end near your ear, you can hear sounds emanating from that area.
The first time you do this, you may be horrified at the strange sounds coming from even a normal engine. If you can, have an experienced friend or mechanic help you sort out the noises.
- General Information
- Troubleshooting: Engine Noises, Carburetor, etc.
- Lubrication and Maintenance: Routine Checks, Service Intervals, Battery, etc.
- Engine: Servicinng Engine in Frame, Primary Drive Gear, Crankcase, etc.
- Clutch: Clutch Hydraulic System, Bleeding the System, etc.
- Transmission and Shift Mechanism: External Gearshift Mechanisms, Transmission
- Fuel, Emission Control and Exhaust System: Carbureto Serivce, Adjustments, Fuel Pump, etc.
- Electrical System: Charging System, Starter Relay, Switches, etc.
- Cooling System: Hoses and Clamps, Cooling Fan, Thermostat, etc.
- Front Suspension and Steering
- Rear Suspension and Final Drive
- Brakes: Discs, Front Brake Pad Replacement, Bleeding the System, etc.
- Body and Frame
- Wiring Diagrams
Great for the guy like me who just bought his first motorcycle in 36 years. At 48 I guess I am trying to get back into the excitement of riding. This book is great for routine service and understanding of the operating systems of the bike. Well written and easy to understand.
andmdash; S.R. | Jasper, AL
Subject: 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Suzuki Intruder VS700, VS750, VS800, Boulevard VS800, S50 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1599695456 | ISBN-13: 9781599695457 | Clymer M481-6