The 1998-2009 Suzuki 1500 Intruder, Boulevard C90 repair manual by Clymer covers the following models:
Book Excerpt: 1998-2009 Suzuki 1500 Intruder, Boulevard C90 Repair Manual
- Suzuki Intruder LC 1500 (VL1500) 1998-2005
- Suzuki Boulevard C90/C90T (VL1500) 2006-2009
TROUBLESHOOTING: ENGINE IS DIFFICULT TO START
GENERAL INFORMATION | TOOLS
- After attempting to start the engine, remove one of the spark plugs as described in Chapter Three and check for the presence of fuel on the plug tip. Note the following:
- If no fuel is visible on the plug, remove the other spark plug. If there is no fuel on this plug, perform Step 2.
- If there is fuel on the plug tip, go to Step 5.
- If there is an excessive amount of fuel on the plug, check for a clogged or plugged air filter, incorrect fast idle valve operation and/or adjustment, or incorrect throttle valve operation (stuck open).
- On carbureted models, perform the Fuel Pump Volume Test described in Chapter Eight.
- If the fuel output is low, replace the fuel pump.
- If fuel output is within specification, proceed to Step 5.
Most of the procedures in this manual can be performed with hand tools and test equipment familiar to the home mechanic. Always use the correct tools for the job at hand.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM | STARTING SYSTEM
Keep tools organized and clean. Store them in a tool chest with related tools organized together.
Quality tools are essential and a good investment. Look for tools made from high-strength alloy steel that are light, easy to use and wear resistant.
A polished working surface without sharp edges makes the tool comfortable to use and easy-to-clean.
The starting system consists of the starter, starter gears, starter relay, clutch switch, neutral switch (carbureted models), gear position sensor (fuel injected models), sidestand switch, turn signal/sidestand relay, starter button, auto-decompression solenoid, and auto-decompression relay.
TABLE of CONTENTS:
When the starter button is pressed, it engages the starter relay and completes the circuit allowing electricity to flow from the battery to the starter.
The starting system includes an interlock system that interrupts current flow to the starter relay and the auto-decompression relay unless the transmission is in neutral and the clutch is disengaged, or the transmission is in gear, with the clutch disengaged and the sidestand up.
CAUTION: During starting, do not operate the starter for more than 5 seconds at a time. Let the starter cool for approximately 10 seconds, and try again.
- General Information
- Lubrication and Maintenance
- Engine Top End
- Engine Lower End
- Clutch and Primary Drive Gear
- Transmission, Shift Mechanism and Secondary Gear
- Air, Fuel, Exhaust and Emission Systems
- Fuel Injection System
- Electrical System
- Wheels, Hubs and Tires
- Front Suspension and Steering
- Rear Suspension and Final Drive
- Body and Frame
- Color Wiring Diagrams
The 1998-2009 Suzuki 1500 Intruder, Boulevard C90 Repair Manual by Clymer, is required equipment for the serious motorcycle owner and rider.
Having one of these manuals by your side is equivalent to having experienced hands guiding you through every step of maintaining, servicing or repairing your bike.
Subject: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Suzuki 1500 Intruder, Boulevard C90 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1599694131 | ISBN-13: 9781599694139 | Clymer M261-2