This Haynes repair and service manual covers Twist-and-Go Scooters, powered by 50 to 250cc engines with automatic transmissions, including:
Book Excerpt: Scooter Repair Manual: 50 to 250cc with Carburetor Engine Twist-and-Go Scooters
SR50 1994-1999, Rally 50, Sonic FT and GP, and Leonardo 125.
Ice 50, Runner 50, Runner FX125, Runner FXR180, Runner VX125, Runner VXR180/200, SKP (Stalker).
FES125 Pantheon, FES250 Foresight, NES125, @ 125, SFX50, SGX50 Sky, SH50/125, SZX50 (X8R-S/X8R-X).
F12 Phantom 50, F12 Spectrum 50, F15 Firefox 50, Madison 125/150.
Doodo 125, Mach G50, Nitro 50/100, Ovetto 50/100, Rocket, Skyliner 125, Stunt 50, Thunder 125.
Elyseo 50/100/125, Looxor 50/100/125/150, Speedfight 50/100, Speedfight 2 50/100, Trekker 50/100, Vivacity 50/100, Zenith.
B125 (Beverly), Hexagon 125, Super Hexagon 125, Super Hexagon 180, Liberty 125, NRG, Skipper, Skipper ST, Typhoon 50/80/125, X9 125, Zip 50, Zip 50 SP, Zip 125.
AN125, AP50, AY50 Katana, UH125 Burgman.
DD50 City Trek, Jet 50/100, Shark 50, Super Fancy and City Hopper.
ET2 4T 50, ET2 50, ET4 125, GT125/200.
CS50 JogR, CW/BW 50, EW50 Slider, XN125 Teo's, XQ125 Maxster, YN50/100 Neos, YP125 Majesty, YQ50/100 Aerox.
TABLE of CONTENTS:
- To assess the condition of the big-end bearing, hold the crankshaft assembly firmly and push and pull on the connecting rod, checking for any up-and-down freeplay between the two (see illustration). If any freeplay is noted, the bearing is worn and either the bearing or the crankshaft assembly will have to be renewed. Note: A small amount of big-end side clearance (side-to-side movement) is acceptable on the connecting rod. Consult a scooter dealer about the availability of parts. Note: If a new bearing is available, fitting it is a specialist task which should be left to a scooter dealer or automotive engineer.
- Inspect the crankshaft where it passes through the main bearings for wear and scoring. The shaft should be a press fit in the bearings; if it is worn or damaged a new assembly will have to be fitted. Evidence of extreme heat, such as discoloration or blueing, indicates that lubrication failure has occurred. Be sure to check the oil pump and bearing oil ways before reassembling the engine.
- If available, place the crankshaft assembly on V-blocks and check the runout at the main bearing journals (B and C) and at either end (A and D) using a dial gauge (see illustration). If the crankshaft is out-of-true it will cause excessive engine vibration. If there is any doubt about the condition of the crankshaft have it checked by a scooter dealer or automotive engineer. Note: The crankshaft assembly is pressed together and is easily damaged if dropped.
- Inspect the threads on each end of the crankshaft and ensure that the retaining nuts for the alternator rotor and the variator are a good fit (see illustration). Inspect the splines for the variator pulley on the left-hand end of the shaft. Inspect the taper and the slot in the right-hand end of the shaft for the alternator Woodruff key (see illustration). Damage or wear that prevents the rotor from being fitted securely will require a new crankshaft assembly.
- Where applicable, inspect the oil pump drivegear teeth on the crankshaft and on the pump driveshaft for damage or wear (see illustration). Inspect the ends of pump driveshaft where it runs in its bearings. Renew any components that are worn or damaged.
Living With Your Scooter:
Identification numbers; Buying spare parts; Safety first!
Daily (Pre-Ride Checks):
Engine oil level check; Coolant level check (liquid-cooled engines); Suspension and steering checks; Fuel check; Brake fluid level check; Legal and safety checks; Tire checks
Routine maintenance and servicing
Repairs and Overhaul ? Engine and Associated Systems:
Two-stroke engines; Four-stroke engines; Cooling systems (liquid-cooled engines); Fuel and exhaust systems; Ignition systems
Drive components and gearbox.
Frame and suspension; Brakes, wheels and tires; Bodywork
Subject: Scooters 50 to 250cc with Carburetor Engine Twist-and-Go Scooters service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 184425920X ISBN-13: 9781844259205 | Haynes 4082