The 2001-2005 Yamaha Raptor 660R repair manual by Clymer, covers models indicated.
Book Excerpt: 2001-2005 Yamaha Raptor 660R Repair Manual
The shift lever pivots on the left footpeg and is clamped to the transmission shift shaft. The following procedure provides steps for partial and complete removal of the linkage and pedal from the machine.
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
If only the shift lever linkage must be removed from the shift shaft, do the following:
- Completely remove the linkage bolt (Figure 59), then remove the linkage from the shaft.
- To install the linkage onto the shift shaft, install the linkage so the gap is aligned level with the center of the shift shaft (Figure 60).
- Torque the bolt to 10 N.m (88 in.-lb.).
If complete removal of the shift lever assembly is necessary, do the following:
TIRES AND WHEELS
- Remove the bolts securing the left footpeg to the footguard.
- Remove the bolts securing the footpeg to the frame.
- Remove the shift lever linkage as described in Step 1.
- Disassemble, clean and lubricate the pivot as described in this section.
- Reverse these steps to install the shift lever assembly.
- Check pedal height adjustment (Chapter Three).
The machine is equipped with tubeless, low-pressure tires. The tires are designed for off-road use.
TABLE of CONTENTS:
Rapid wear will occur if the machine is ridden on paved surfaces.
If a puncture occurs, a tire plug may be used temporarily. A tire plug is not suitable as a permanent repair. Repair the tire as soon as possible.
The procedures in this section detail how to remove a tire from the rim and how to make a permanent cold patch tire repair.
- General Information
- Lubrication, Maintenance and Tune-up
- Clutch and External Gearshift Linkage
- Transmission and Internal Shift Mechanism
- Fuel and Emission Systems
- Exhaust System
- Electrical System
- Wheels, Tires and Drivetrain
- Front Suspension and Steering
- Rear Suspension
- Body and Frame
- Wiring Diagrams
Subject: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Yamaha Raptor 660R service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892879343 | ISBN-13: 978-0-89287-934-2 | Clymer M280-2