Starting in 1962 all the way through 1972, Chevrolet manufactured a staggering 17 million aluminum Powerglide transmissions.
In spite of the huge production numbers, the Powerglide was not considered a performance tranny, but became the dominant automatic tranmission in modern motorsports all the same.
Chevy's Powerglide is the auto trans of choice for circle track and drag racers alike, and you will find Powerglides installed in a wide variety of vehicles, from street to strip to Top Sportsman.
In this book, author Carl H. Munroe, provides a detailed and comprehensive reference guide to the Powerglide, ranging from a factory-stock rebuild to an all-out race transmission.
SUBJECTS COVERED INCLUDE:
- General Transmission Service, Basic Operation, In-Car Service and Repairs.
- Torque Converter Design and Operation.
- Removal, Disassembly and Inspection.
- Final Assembly of Transmission.
- The Drag Racing Powerglide.
- The Circle Track Racing Powerglide.
- Specifications and Troubleshooting.
Whether you are racing or restoring, you'll find the Powerglide Transmission Handbook a master reference for rebuilding, modifying and racing your Powerglide transmission.
Subject: Powerglide automatic transmission rebuilding and modifying DIY manual. ISBN-10: 1557883556 | ISBN-13: 9781557883551 | HPBooks 1355