Find a manual »
Kawasaki Bayou KLF300 2WD & 4WD Repair Manual 1986-2004
The 1986-2004 Kawasaki Bayou KLF300 ATV repair manual by Clymer covers 2WD and 4WD models.
Book Excerpt: 1986-2004 Kawasaki Bayou KLF300 2WD and 4WD Repair Manual
An understanding of the function of each of the carburetor components and their relation to one another is a valuable aid for pinpointing a source of carburetor trouble.
The carburetor's purpose is to supply and atomize fuel and mix it in correct proportions with air that is drawn in through the air intake. At the primary throttle opening (idle), a small amount of fuel is siphoned through the pilot jet by the incoming air.
As the throttle is opened further, the air stream begins to siphon fuel through the main jet and needle jet. The tapered needle increases the efficient flow capacity of the neelde jet as it is lifted, in that it occupies progressively less of the area of the jet.
At full throttle the carburetor venturi is fully open and the needle is lifted far enough to permit the main jet to flow at full capacity.
The choke circuit is a bystarter system in which the choke lever opens a valve rather than closing a butterfly in the venturi area as on many carburetors.
In the open position, the slow jet discharges a stream of fuel into the carburetor venturi, to enrich the mixture when the engine is cold.
- Place the vehicle on level ground and set the parking brake.
- Remove the seat.
- Remove the fuel tank as described in this chapter.
... continue Steps 4 through 11.
TABLE of CONTENTS:
Subject: 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Kawasaki Bayou KLF300 2WD, 4WD service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892879254 ISBN-13: 9780892879250 | Clymer M466-4
- General Information
- Lubrication, Maintenance and Tune-Up
- Clutch, Primary Drive and External Shift Mechanism
- Transmission and Internal Shift Mechanism
- Fuel and Exhaust Systems
- Electrical System
- Front Suspension and Steering
- Front Drive Mechanism 4WD
- Rear Axle, Suspension and Final Drive
- Cruise Control
- Wiring Diagrams
- Publisher: Clymer Manuals
- Pages: 462 - Hundreds of b&w photos and illustrations
- Binding: Paperback - 7 x 10 inches
- ISBN: 978-0-89287-925-0