Find a manual »
Ford Tractor Repair Manual Models 2810, 2910, 3910
The Ford Tractor Repair Manual Models 2810, 2910, 3910 covers tractor models indicated.
Note: This tractor repair manual does not include wiring diagrams.
Book Excerpt: Ford Tractor Repair Manual Models 2810, 2910, 3910
DIESEL FUEL SYSTEM
The diesel fuel system consists of three basic components: The fuel filters, injection pump and injection nozzles. When servicing any unit associated with the fuel system, the maintenance of absolute cleanliness is of utmost importance. Of equal importance is the avoidance of nicks or burrs on any of the working parts.
Probably the most important precaution that service personnel can impart to owners of diesel powered tractors is to urge them to use an approved fuel that is absolutely clean and free from foreign material. Extra precaution should be taken to make certain that no water enters fuel storage tanks.
76. FUEL NOT REACHING INJECTION PUMP.
If no fuel will run from line when disconnected from pump, check the following:
- Be sure fuel supply valve is open.
- Check the filters for being clogged (including filter screen in fuel supply valve).
- Bleed the fuel filters.
- Check lines and connectors for damage.
77. FUEL REACHING NOZZLES BUT ENGINE WILL NOT START.
If, when lines are disconnected at fuel nozzles and engine is cranked, fuel will flow from connections but engine will not start, check the following:
- Check cranking speed.
- Check throttle control rod adjustment.
- Check pump timing.
- Check fuel lines and connections for pressure leakage.
- Check engine compression.
POWER TAKE-OFF (INDEPENDENT TYPE)
OPERATION: ALL MODELS SO EQUIPPED
158. Some models may be equipped with an independent PTO. Transmission clutch cover is fitted with a splined hub which drives the hollow PTO input shaft. Reduction gears, in front end of transmission, relay power to the PTO countershaft at a contact running speed of 540 rpm.
Oil from hydraulic pump is supplied to pressure regulator valve. Regulator valve then directs oil to PTO brake piston at a constant pressure.
Outlet port of pressure regulator valve supplies oil to the control valve assembly which will either use or dump the oil, dependent upon position of PTO control lever.
When PTO control lever is in engaged position, the control valve directs high pressure oil to the clutch piston (73-Fig. 159) to engage clutch.
At the same time, pressurized oil is directed to large side of brake piston (57) to force piston brake lever (45) and release clutch housing (75).
When PTO control lever is in disengaged position, oil pressure to clutch piston and brake piston is relieved and clutch piston return spring (71) disengages clutch discs and oil pressure from regulator valve forces brake piston (57) against brake lever (45) stopping rotation of clutch housing and PTO output shaft.
TABLE of CONTENTS:
- Clutch, Engine
- Clutch, Power Take-off
- Cooling System
- Diesel Fuel System
- Electrical Components
- Final Drive Gears
- Power Steering
- Power Take-off
- Steering (Manual)
Subject: Ford farm tractor service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0872886212 | ISBN-13: 9780872886216
- Accurate information in a concise, easy-to-use format
- Durable, coated paper stands up to messy shop jobs
- Publisher: I&T/Clymer
- Pages: 80 - B&W photos and illustrations
- Binding: Paperback - 8 x 10.75 inches
- ISBN: 978-0-87288-621-6