The 1985-2000 Yamaha XT350, TT350 off-road bike repair manual by Clymer, covers the following two models:
Book Excerpt: 1985-2000 Yamaha XT350, TT350 Repair Manual
- Yamaha XT350, 1985-2000
- Yamaha TT350, 1986-1987
FUEL, EXHAUST AND EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEMS
The fuel system consists of the fuel tank, shutoff valve, Teikei carburetors and air filter. There are slight differences among the various models and they are noted in the various procedures.
The exhaust system consists of an exhaust pipe assembly and a muffler.
All XT350 models originally sold in California are equipped with an evaporative emission control system.
This chapter includes service procedures for all parts of the fuel, exhaust and emission control systems.
Carburetor specifications are listed in Table 1 (XT350) and Table 2 (TT350). Tables 1-3 are at the end of the chapter.
LIGHTING VOLTAGE TEST
If the headlight or high beam indicator lights do not operate correctly, perform the following:
- Check that the headlight bulb or the high beam indicator bulb is not blown.
Refer to Headlight Bulb Replacement and Indicator Bulb Replacement in this chapter.
If the bulbs are okay, leave the headlight off and proceed to Step 2.
- Disconnect the turn signal switch connector. Trace the wire harness from the turn signal switch (Figure 37) to the wire junction at the front of the bike.
- Connect a 0-20 DC voltmeter to the yellow/ red terminal on the wire harness connector (Figure 38).
- Start the engine and warm to normal operating temperature.
- Gradually increase engine speed to approximately 5,000 rpm and not the voltmeter reading. The correct reading is 14-15 volts.
Subject: 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 Yamaha XT350, TT350 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892878355 | ISBN-13: 9780892878352 | Clymer M480-3