The 1999-2009 Suzuki SV650, SV650S, SV650SF repair manual by Clymer, covers the following models:
- Suzuki SV650, 1999-2008
- Suzuki SV650S, 1999-2007
- Suzuki SV650SF, 2008-2009
Without a doubt, Clymer is the best known and most respected DIY repair manual for your motorcycle. The Clymer M361 service manual includes:
- Color Wiring Diagrams;
- step-by-step DIY repair instructions for your Suzuki SV650 series motorcycle;
- exploded views;
- large print with 2 column layout;
- troubleshooting, quick reference data and much more.
This service / repair manual has over 560 pages written in clear and concise language to help you succeed and save money when you decide to service and maintain your prize Suzuki.
Book Excerpt: 1999-2009 Suzuki SV650, SV650S, SV650SF Repair Manual
FUEL, EMISSION CONTROL AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS
FRONT SUSPENSION AND STEERING
Check the exhaust system for deep dents and fractures. Repair or replace damaged parts immediately. Check the muffler frame mounting flanges for fractures and loose bolts.
Check the cylinder head mounting flanges for tightness. Loose exhaust pipe connections will cause excessive exhaust noise and rob the engine of power.
The muffler is not available separately. The entire exhaust system should be removed as a unit, then serviced as needed.
Refer to Figure 102 when performing this procedure.
- Remove the nuts (A, Figure 103) securing the exhaust pipe to the front cylinder head.
- Remove the exhaust pipe clamp bolt (B, Figure 103) under the engine.
- Remove the exhaust pipe clamp bolt on the rear cylinder exhaust pipe (Figure 104).
- Remove the lower rear cylinder exhaust pipe mounting bolt (Figure 105).
- Remove the exhaust pipe mounting bolt below the right foot peg (Figure 106).
This chapter describes repair and maintenance procedures for the front fork and steering components. Front wheel removal, front hub service, tire changing, tire repair and wheel balancing are covered in Chapter Eleven.
Front suspension specifications are listed in Table 1 and Table 2 at the end of the chapter.
There are two different handlebar configurations used on these models, and they are covered in separate procedures. The SV650S model is equipped with separate (clip-on) handlebars on each side that can be removed separately.
On all other models, the handlebar is a single continuous bar that is removed as an assembly.
Subject: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 Suzuki SV650, SV650S, SV650SF (SV 650) service, maintenance, and repair procedures.
ISBN-10: 1599696274 | ISBN-13: 9781599696270 | Clymer M361