THIS VIDEO EXPLAINS IT ALL!
This DVD is perfect for the weekend mechanic who wants to bring their engine building capabilities to a higher level.
In this 2½-hour DVD, Wayne Smothers shows you the secrets that unlock your engine's hidden power.
Then, special guest Barry Grant, explains carburetor tuning for maximum efficiency and performance.
This DVD covers:
- What blueprinting is
- Why and how to check lifter rotation
- The pros and cons of hydraulic, solid, flat tappet and roller camshafts
- How to measure for correct pushrod length
- Fuel fall out
- Air speed
- Power valves
- Camshaft degreeing with a timing chain and gear drive
- How to adjust valves
- How to use and tune with an O2 sensor
- How to figure out how much initial and total timing your motor wants
- How to use a dial back timing light
- How to curve a distributor
- Why float level is important
- How to fire a motor for the first time
This DVD was made possible by a collaboration of Smothers Supercars, Comp Cams, Smith Brothers Pushrods, Innovate Motorsports, Ringers Gloves, Passon Performance, Porter Racing Heads, and Demon Carburetion, featuring an appearance by Barry Grant.