This Clymer DIY Honda VT700, VT750 Shadow Repair Manual 1983-1987 repair manual covers 1984-1987 Honda Shadow VT700 (VT700C) and 1983 Honda VT750 Shadow (VT750C) motorcycles.
Clymer repair manuals are well known for their quality and simple to follow DIY instructional steps for all repair and service tasks. This Clymer Honda VT700, VT750 Shadow service manual covers all major components of your bike so you can feel confident that you have an excellent resource at your fingertips. Hundreds of diagrams and illustrations accompany the service instructions.
Book Excerpt: 1983-1987 Honda VT700, VT750 Shadow Repair and Service Manual
THROTTLE CONTROL CABLE LUBRICATION
The throttle control cables should be lubricated at the interval indicated in Table 1. They should also be inspected at this time for fraying and the cable sheath should be checked for chafing.
The cables are relatively inexpensive and should be replaced when found to be faulty.
The throttle control cables can be lubricated either with oil or with any of the popular cable lubricants and a cable lubricator.
The first method requires more time and complete lubrication of the entire cable is less certain.
Examine the exposed end of the inner cable. If it is dirty or the cable feels gritty when moved up and down in its housing, first spray it with a lubricant/solvent such as LPS-25 or WD-40. Let this solvent drain out, then proceed with the following steps.
FUEL, EMISSION CONTROL AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS
The carburetor assembly must be removed and partially disassembled for this adjustment.
- Remove the carburetors as described in this chapter.
- Remove the screws (Figure 56) securing the float bowls to the main bodies and remove them.
- Hold the carburetor assembly with the carburetor inclined 15-45 degrees from vertical so that the float arm is just touching the float needle. Use a float level gauge (Honda part No. 07401-0010001 or equivalent) and measure the distance from the carburetor body to the float arm (Figure 57). The correct height is listed in Table 1.
- Adjust by carefully bending the tang on the float arm (Figure 58).
- If the float level is too high, the result will be a rich fuel/air mixture. If it is too low, the mixture will be too lean.
NOTE: The floats on both carburetors must be adjusted at the same height to maintain the same fuel/air mixture to both cylinders.
- Reassemble and install the carburetors.
Remember, all repair steps include detailed photos and illustrations to enhance the clarity of the detailed repair procedures. Photos and illustrations can be worth a thousand words, especially when working on motorcycle components.
We offer Free and Fast shipping to all US48 customers. We also offer very inexpensive and fast shipping to other parts of the world. Pick up you Clymer M313 manual today so you can service and tune your Honda Shadow this weekend!
Subject: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987 Honda VT700, VT750 Shadow service, maintenance, repair instructions.
ISBN-10: 0892874082 | ISBN-13: 9780892874088 | Clymer M313