The 1990-2002 Honda ST1100 Pan European repair manual by Haynes covers:
- Honda ST1100, 1991-2002
- Honda ST1100A (ABS/TCS), 1992-1995
- Honda ST1100A (LBS-ABS/TCS), 1996-2002
Book Excerpt: 1990-2002 Honda ST1100 Pan European Repair Manual
- Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1990-2002
- Honda ST1100A (ABS/TCS) Pan European, 1992-1995
- Honda ST1100A (CBS-ABS/TCS) Pan European, 1996-2002
ENGINE, CLUTCH AND TRANSMISSION
TIMING BELT COVER | REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
NOTE: The timing belt cover can be removed with the engine in the frame. If the engine has been removed, ignore the steps which do not apply.
- Drain the engine oil and the cooling system (see Chapter 1).
- Remove the radiator (see Chapter 3).
- Unscrew the three bolts securing each camshaft drive pulley cover, then remove the covers (see illustration).
- Unscrew the nine bolts securing the clutch cover and remove the cover (see illustration). There is no need to detach the clutch slave cylinder.
Be prepared to catch any residue oil as the cover is removed. Discard the gasket as a new one must be used.
- Unscrew the four bolts securing the timing belt cover and remove the cover (see illustration).
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Install the clutch cover using a new gasket. Check the condition of the rubber gaskets on the timing belt cover and the camshaft drive pulley covers and replace them if necessary.
MIDDLE FAIRING INNER COVER: REMOVAL
MIDDLE FAIRING INNER COVER: INSTALLATION
- Remove the screw securing the speedometer cable to the drive housing on the front wheel (see illustration).
- Remove the two trim clips and the six screws securing the inner cover to the middle fairing panels, then carefully remove the cover, drawing the cable up through the hole in the inner cover as you do (see illustrations).
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
MIDDLE FAIRING PANELS: REMOVAL
MIDDLE FAIRING PANELS: INSTALLATION
- Remove the middle fairing inner cover (see Steps 12 and 13).
- Remove the fairing pockets (see Steps 23 to 25).
- Remove the lower fairing (see Step 21).
- Remove the maintenance covers (see Step 27).
- Remove the screws and bolts securing each panel, then remove the panel (see illustration).
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Make sure the peg at the front of each panel locates correctly in the hole in the side of the upper fairing.
Subject: 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 Honda ST1100 Pan European service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1844253627 | ISBN-13: 9781844253623 | Haynes 3384