The 1990-2002 Honda ST1100 Pan European repair manual by Clymer covers:
Book Excerpt: 1990-2002 Honda ST1100 Pan European Repair Manual
- Honda Pan European 1990-2002
- Honda ST1100 1991-2002
- Honda ST1100A 1992-2002 Sport-Tourer
ENGINE LOWER END
The crankshaft is supported by three main bearings in a horizontally split crankcase. The cylinder blocks in this engine are integral parts of upper crankcase half so the crankcases must be split if the pistons, cylinders and connecting rods require service.
FUEL AND EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEMS
The engine uses wet sump lubrication with the oil housed in a sump beneath the crankshaft. A single oil pump body includes a main pump and a scavenger pump.
The main pump draws oil from the sump and delivers it to the engine under pressure. The scavenger pump draws oil from the clutch housing and returns it to the sump.
This chapter provides complete service and overhaul procedures for the following components:
The clutch and the transmission are located within the crankcase. However, they are covered in separate chapters (Chapter Six and Chapter Seven) to simplify the presentation of this material.
- Crankcase assembly.
- Cylinder block.
- Connecting rods.
- Primary drive gear.
- . Starter clutch.
- Oil pump, oil pump chain and sprockets.
- Oil cooler (1990-1995 models).
FUEL PUMP OUTPUT TEST
The fuel pump can be tested while installed on the motorcycle.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF.
- Remove the instrument panel as described in Chapter Nine.
- Remove the seat as described in Chapter Sixteen.
- Disconnect the fuel pump output hose from the tank side of the fuel filter (Figure 91).
- Insert the hose into a plastic, graduated container, like a beaker or a baby bottle.
- Disconnect the white, 4-pin connector (A, Figure 89) from the fuel cut-off relay (B).
Subject: 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 Honda ST1100 Pan European service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892877987 | ISBN-13: 9780892877980 | Clymer M508