This Haynes 42037 - DIY repair and service manual covers 2006-2014 Honda Ridgeline, 2003-2008 Honda Pilot and 2001-2007 Acura MDX models.
The specific engines covered in this DIY service manual are:
- 3.5 V6 SOHC engine
- 3.7 V6 SOHC engine
Complete maintenance, service and repair information for do-it-yourselfers based on a complete teardown and rebuild of a specific model.
Book Excerpt: 2006-2014 Honda Ridgeline, 2003-2008 Honda Pilot, 2001-2007 Acura MDX Repair Manual
DIFFERENTIAL OIL SEALS | REPLACEMENT
CHASSIS ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
(Refer to illustration 4.4)
- Raise the rear of the vehicle and support it securely on jackstands. Place the transaxle in Neutral with the parking brake off. Block the front wheels to prevent the vehicle from rolling.
- Remove the driveaxle(s) (see Section 1).
- Pry the seal from the differential housing.
- Using a seal installer or a large deep socket as a drift, install the new oil seal. Drive it into the bore squarely and make sure it's completely seated (see illustration).
- Lubricate the lip of the new seal with multi-purpose grease, then install the driveaxle. Be careful not to damage the lip of the new seal.
- Check the differential lubricant level and add some, if necessary, to bring it to the appropriate level (see Chapter 1).
CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM | GENERAL INFORMATION
2001-2004 HONDA MODELS
- The cruise control system maintains vehicle speed with an electrically-operated motor located in the engine compartment, which is connected to the throttle body by a cable.
The system consists of the cruise control module, the cruise control switches, the cruise control cable, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) and the brake light switch.
The cruise control system requires diagnostic procedures that are beyond the scope of this manual. Listed below are some general procedures that may be used to locate common problems.
- Check the fuses (see Section 3).
- Have an assistant operate the brake pedal while you check the operation of the brake lights (voltage from the brake light switch deactivates the cruise control).
- If the brake lights don't come on, or if they stay on all the time, correct the problem and retest the cruise control system.
- Visually inspect the control cable between the cruise control motor and the throttle body for free movement. Replace it if necessary.
- Test drive the vehicle to determine if the cruise control is now working. If it isn't, take it to a dealer service department or an automotive electrical specialist for further diagnosis.
Subject: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Honda Ridgeline, Pilot, Acura MDX service, maintenance, and repair procedures.
ISBN-10: 1620921847 | ISBN-13: 9781620921845 | Haynes 42037