The Honda Civic 2001-2011, CR-V 2002-2011 Repair Manual by Haynes covers models indicated.
Civic models are available in two-door coupe, hatchback and four-door sedan body styles. The Honda CR-V is available in a four-door SUV body style only.
Note: This manual does not include information specific to CNG or hybrid models.
The following engines are covered in this manual:
- 1.7 liter - 4 cylinder - D Series
- 1.8 liter - 4 cylinder - R Series
- 2.0 liter - 4 cylinder
- 2.4 liter - 4 cylinder
NOTE: This manual includes a list of OBD-II codes for troubleshooting and explains how to retrieve the codes.
Book Excerpt: Honda Civic 2001-2011, CR-V 2002-2011 Repair Manual
STEERING GEAR: REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
WARNING: Make sure the steering shaft is not turned while the steering gear is removed or you could damage the clockspring for the airbag system. To prevent the shaft from turning, place the ignition key in the lock position or thread the seat belt through the steering wheel and clip it into place.
CONNECTING ROD BEARING OIL CLEARANCE CHECK
- Park the vehicle with the front wheels pointing straight ahead. Loosen the front wheel lug nuts, raise the front of the vehicle and support it securely on jackstands. Apply the parking brake and remove the wheels.
- Disconnect the cable from the negative terminal of the battery (see Chapter 5).
Refer to illustrations 9.30, 9.35, 9.37 and 9.41
27. Clean the back side of the new upper bearing insert, then lay it in place in the connecting rod.
28. Make sure the tab on the bearing fits into the recess in the rod. Don't hammer the bearing insert into place and be very careful not to nick or gouge the bearing face. Don't lubricate the bearing at this time.
29. Clean the back side of the other bearing insert and install it in the rod cap. Again, make sure the tab on the bearing fits into the recess in the cap, and don't apply any lubricant. It's critically important that the mating surfaces of the bearing and connecting rod are perfectly clean and oil free when they're assembled.
30. Position the piston ring gaps at the specified intervals around the piston as shown (see illustration).
Subject: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Honda Civic, CR-V service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1620922991 | ISBN-13: 9781620922996 | UPC: 038345420269 | Haynes 42026