Here are some things we learned while browsing GM / BMW 5L40-E / 4L40-E Transmission Rebuild Repair Manual:
- When and how to safely remove caged needle bearings in extension housings with the right drivers and pullers.
- How the extension housing connects to the main case gasket.
- Ways to distinguish the 5L40-E Planetary Carrier from the 4L40-E Planetary Carrier and their assembly.
- What distinguishes the 1999 model applications.
- Working on a transmission is serious business.
The good thing is the GM / BMW 5L40-E / 4L40-E Transmission Rebuild Repair Manual
takes that last point seriously. This book provides the technical information needed to handle fluid levels, read electronic trouble codes and general operations. It also includes complete overhauls of forward, intermediate and low sprags, the valve body, center supports and more. If you’re a rebuilder, tech, student, teacher or mechanic, and have any questions about these trans, you will find it within these 128 pages.
As you might imagine, we’ve seen our share of car care manuals. We can honestly say books like the GM / BMW 5L40-E / 4L40-E Transmission Rebuild Repair Manual from ATSG top the list. Working with GM and BMW, ATSG has created a library of technical manuals that can be entrusted by schools and shops everywhere. If you haven’t seen what they have, this is your chance. Put this or any of ATSG’s manuals in your cart today and discover what so many others already know.
The General Motors THM 4L40E/5L40E transmissions can be found in at least the following makes and models and there are likely newer models too (check your owner's manual or identification plate):
- 2004-Up Cadillac CTS
- 2005-Up Cadillac STS, SRX
- 2006-2006 Pontiac Solstice
- 2000-Up BMW 3-Series (E46)
- 2000-Up BMW 5-Series (E39)
- 2000-Up BMW X5
- 2004-Up BMW X3
- 2001-Up BMW Z3
Subject: BMW / GM THM 4L40-E/5L40-E Transmission rebuild/repair procedures - 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. | UPC: 852553006332 | ATSG 4L40E/5L40E