Don't let your bike languish in the garage due to some repair or maintenance issues that you can't afford to have a pro fix. Instead, take on a DIY project with confidence with the help of this Ducati service manual by Haynes. Troubleshooting Ducati 600/620/750/900 bikes just got so much easier thanks to this helpful and informative guide. It will walk you through everything you need to know about your Ducati motorcycle and offer insider technician tips to get you started on any project. From removing the fuel tank to installing new body panels, it's all covered in this Ducati repair manual.
The 1991-2005 Ducati 2-Valve V-Twins Repair Manual by Haynes features step-by-step tutorials and tips for the following models:
- Ducati 600SS Supersport (583cc), 1994-1997
- Ducati 620S (618cc), 2003
- Ducati M600 Monster (583cc), 1994-2001
- Ducati M620 (618cc), 2002-2005
- Ducati 750SS Supersport (748cc), 1991-2002
- Ducati M750 Monster (748cc), 1995-2002
- Ducati 900SS Supersport (904cc), 1991-2002
- Ducati 900SL Superlight (904cc), 1992-1997
- Ducati M900 Monster (904cc), 1993-2002
All Dark, Sport and Special Editions included in this Haynes 3290 Service Manual.
Book Excerpt: 1991-2005 Ducati 600, 620, 750, 900 2-Valve V-Twins Repair Manual
FUEL AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS | CARBURETOR MODELS
FUEL TANK: REMOVAL
FAIRING AND BODYWORK
- Make sure the fuel cap is secure. On SS and SL models, detach the breather hose from its union on the top of the tank (see illustration).
- Remove the seat (see Chapter 7).
- Release the catch securing the front of the tank to the frame, noting how it fits, then raise the tank at the front (the back of the tank is hinged on the frame) and support it on its prop (see illustrations). The prop on Monster models engages the fuel tank seam.
- Disconnect the battery negative (-ve) terminal.
- On SS and SL models, closes the fuel tap, then release the fuel delivery hose, the fuel return hose, and the drain hose clamps and detach the hoses from their unions, noting their positions and routing (see illustration). Also disconnect the low fuel level sensor / fuel pump wiring. On Monsters, close the fuel tap (or turn if OFF) and disconnect the fuel hose from the carburetor side of the tap. On models with a lever type tap, unscrew the bolts securing the tap to the frame (see illustration). Disconnect the low fuel level sensor wiring.
- Remove the split pin and washer from the end of the hinge pin at the rear of the tank (see illustration). Withdraw the hinge pin, then carefully lift the tank away from the machine (see illustration).
- Inspect the tank mounting rubbers, catch and hinge pin for signs of damage or deterioration and replace them if necessary. The rubbers are secured to the tank by screws.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Make sure the fuel pipes are correctly fitted (see Step 5) and routed and secured by their clamps.
FAIRING PANELS |- REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
(Early style SS/SL models, 1991-1997)
- Remove the rear view mirrors (refer to Section 6).
- Unscrew the fasteners securing the main fairing to each lower panel (see illustration).
- Carefully draw the main fairing forward until it is clear of the headlight. Note how the lower fairing panels engage with the main fairing (see illustration).
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Make sure the fairing fits correctly over the headlight and its foam surround, and that the fasteners are correctly and securely fitted.
LOWER FAIRING PANELS
- Disconnect the turn signal wiring connectors from the back of the turn signal assembly in the panel being removed.
Subject: 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Ducati 600SS, 620S, M600, M620,
750SS, M750, 900SS, 900SL, M900 2-valve V-twins service, maintenance, and repair procedures.
ISBN-10: 0857339869 | ISBN-13: 9780857339867 | Haynes M3290