This repair manual covers 1993-1997 Chysler, Dodge and Eagle cars, including:
Book Excerpt: 1993-1997 Concorde, LHS, New Yorker, Intrepid, Vision Repair Manual
- Chrysler Concorde
- Chrysler LHS
- Chrysler New Yorker
- Dodge Intrepid
- Eagle Vision
ENGINE AND ENGINE OVERHAUL
ENGINE FAN | REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
SUSPENSION AND STEERING
(See Figures 77, 78, 79, 80 and 81)
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Unplug the fan electrical harness connector from the EFI module.
- Remove the retaining screws and clips than secure the cooling fan assembly to the radiator.
- Remove the cooling fan assembly from the radiator.
- If it is necessary to separate the fans from the motor shafts, remove the retaining clip or nut form the motor shaft and gently, but firmly, force the fan off of the shaft.
- If necessary, separate the fan motors from the cooling fan shroud assembly by removing the mounting screws.
- Place the fan motor in position on the cooling fan shroud and install the mounting screws. Tighten the right fan motor mounting screws to 25 inch lbs. (3 Nm) and the left fan motor mounting screws to 45 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the fans on the motor shafts by firmly sliding the fan over the shaft and installing the retaining clip or retaining nut.
- Install the cooling fan assembly to the radiator. Install the retaining clips and tighten the shroud-to-radiator retaining screws to 45 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Attach the fan motor electrical connector to the EFI module.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Start the vehicle and road test or allow to idle until the engine reaches operating temperature to allow cooling fans to turn on.
WHEELS | REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
(See Figures 1 and 2)
- Apply the parking brake and block the opposite wheel.
- Place the selector lever in P.
- If equipped, remove the wheel cover or hub cap.
- Break loose the lug nuts. If a nut is stuck, never use heat to loosen it or damage to the wheel and bearings may occur. If the nuts are seized, one or two heavy hammer blows directly on the end of the bolt head usually loosens the rust. Be careful as continued pounding will likely damage the brake drum or rotor.
- Raise the vehicle until the tire is clear of the ground. Support the vehicle safely using jackstands.
- Remove the lug nuts and the tire and wheel assembly.
- Make sure the wheel and hub mating surfaces as well as the wheel lug studs are clean and free of all foreign material. Always remove rust from the wheel mounting surfaces and the brake rotors/drums. Failure to do so may cause the lug nuts to loosen in service.
Subject: 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 Chrysler Concorde, LHS, New Yorker, Dodge Intrepid, Eagle Vision service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0801988179 | ISBN-13: 9780801988172 | Chilton 20360