This Chevrolet Malibu Repair Manual by Haynes repair and service manual covers all Malibu models manufactured between 2004-2012. This manual also covers 2005-2010 Pontiac G6 and 2007-2010 Saturn Aura models.
Note: this manual DOES NOT include info specific to hybrid Chevy Malibu models.
As always, this Haynes manual offers do-it-yourselfers outstanding information and details to help them maintain, service and repair their vehicle at home, and with regular tools. When a special tool is required, this manual will call out and provide some explanation about the required special tool.
Book Excerpt: 2004-2012 Chevy Malibu, 2005-2010 Pontiac G6, 2007-2010 Saturn Aura Repair Manual
REAR MAIN OIL SEAL | REPLACEMENT
- The one-piece rear main oil seal is pressed into engine block and the crankcase reinforcement section. Remove the transaxle (see Chapter 7) and the drive plate (see Section 15).
- Pry out the old seal with a seal removal tool or a flat blade screwdriver. Caution: To prevent an oil leak after the new seal is installed, be very careful not to scratch or otherwise damage the crankshaft sealing surface or the bore in the engine block.
- Clean the crankshaft and seal bore in the block thoroughly and de-grease these areas by wiping them with a rag soaked in lacquer thinner or acetone. Lubricate the lip of the new seal and the outer diameter of the crankshaft with engine oil.
- Position the new seal onto the crankshaft, being careful not to roll-over the lip of the seal. Note: When installing the new seal, if so marked, the words THIS SIDE OUT on the seal must face out, toward the rear of the engine.
- Use a special rear main oil seal installation tool or a socket with the exact diameter of the seal to drive the seal in place. Make sure the seal is not off-set; it must be flush along the entire circumference of the engine block and the crankcase reinforcement section.
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal.
This repair guide is written in plain language and the instructions are provided in a step-by-step format, accompanied by hundreds of clear, close-up photos, illustrations and diagrams of each system component.
By using the Haynes Chevy Malibu Repair Manual to do your own repair work, you can insure your vehicle will last for many years while retaining a good resale value.
Subject: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Chevy Malibu, Pontiac G6, Saturn Aura Haynes Repair Manual
. ISBN-10: 1620922827 | ISBN-13: 9781620922828 | Haynes 38027