The 1985-2005 Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac FWD Repair Manual by Chilton covers:
- Buick: LeSabre, Electra, Park Avenue 1985-2005
- Pontiac: Bonneville 1985-2005
- Oldsmobile: Eighty Eight, Delta 88, Royale, Ninety Eight, LSS, Regency 1985-2002
Note: all U.S. and Canadian models with front wheel drive.
Book Excerpt: 1985-2005 Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac FWD Repair Manual
FUEL AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS
- If the fuel system fails to deliver the proper amount of fuel, or any fuel at all, to the fuel injection system, inspect it as follows:
- Always make certain that there is fuel in the tank.
- With the engine running, inspect for leaks at the threaded fittings at both ends of the fuel line (see Chapter 1). Tighten any loose connections, inspect all hoses for flattening or kinks which would restrict the flow of fuel.
Refer to illustration 3.5
- Relieve the fuel system pressure (see Section 2).
- Install a fuel pressure gauge at the Schrader valve on the fuel rail (see illustration).
- Turn the ignition switch on with the air conditioning off. The fuel pump should run for about two seconds. Note the reading on the pressure gauge. After the pump stops running the pressure should hold steady. It should be within the specified amount.
- Start the engine and let it idle at normal operating temperature. The pressure should remain constant, although it might drop slightly from the previous reading. This is normal.
DOOR LOCK ASSEMBLY: REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
Refer to illustration 15.2
- With the window glass in the full up position, remove the door trim panel and water shield (see Section 14).
- Remove the lock assembly-to-door bolts (see illustration).
- Working through the large access hole, position the lock as necessary to disengage the rods. The rods are attached by plastic or pressed metal clips. On 2001 and later models, remove one bolt at the front door-glass run channel and move the channel enough to remove the lock assembly.
- To install, place the assembly in the door and connect the lock rods.
- Guide the lock into position and install the bolts, tightening them securely.
Subject: 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac FWD service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 156392627X | ISBN-13: 9781563926273 | Chilton 28200