This Chilton repair and service manual covers 1986-1993 Acura automobiles, Coupes and Sedans, U.S. and Canadian models, including:
Book Excerpt: 1986-1993 Acura Integra, Legend, Vigor Repair Manual
- Acura Integra
- Acura Legend
- Acura Vigor
ENGINE AND ENGINE REBUILDING
REAR MAIN SEAL (See Figure 94)
REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
- Remove the oil pan and the transaxle from the vehicle.
- If equipped with a manual transaxle, perform the following procedures:
- Matchmark the pressure plate-to-flywheel.
- Insert the clutch alignment tool or equivalent, into the pilot bearing.
- Remove the pressure plate-to-flywheel bolts (gradually), the pressure and the clutch plate.
- Remove the flywheel-to-crankshaft bolts and the flywheel.
- If equipped with an automatic transaxle, remove the flexplate-to-flywheel bolts and the flexplate.
- Remove the rear oil seal housing-to-engine bolts and the gasket.
- Using a prybar, pry the oil seal from the housing.
- Clean the gasket mounting surfaces. Check the flywheel or flexplate for cracks and/or damage; replace it if necessary.
- Using an oil seal installation tool or equivalent, drive the new oil seal into the rear oil seal housing until it seats.
- Apply liquid gasket on the gasket mounting surface. Using oil, lubricate the oil seal lips.
- Install the oil seal housing and torque the bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm); be careful not to damage the oil seal lip.
- To complete the installation, reverse the removal procedures. Torque the flywheel-to-crankshaft bolts in a cross pattern to 54 ft. lbs. (75 Nm) for automatic transaxles or 76 ft. lbs. (105 Nm) for manual transaxles. Refill the crankcase, start the engine and check for leaks.
ADJUSTMENTS | PEDAL HEIGHT/FREE-PLAY
(See figures 74 and 75)
- Adjust the clutch free-play at the release lever by turning the adjusting nut (at the transaxle). The clutch height should be:
- 1986-89 ? 5.87 (149mm)
- 1990-93 ? 6.97 (177mm)
- Make sure there is 0.16-0.20 in. (4.0-5.0mm) of free play at the tip of the release arm after the adjustment.
- If equipped with cruise control, turn the adjuster (above the clutch pedal) until the clutch pedal stroke is:
- 1986-89 ? 5.51-5.71 in. (140-145mm)
- 1990-93 ? 5.59-5.79 in. (142-147mm)
- Tighten the locknut securely.
Subject: 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 Acura Integra, Legend, Vigor service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0801984262 | ISBN-13: 9780801984266 | Chilton 10300