Find a manual »
Yamaha 75-225 HP 4-Stroke Outboard Repair Manual 2000-2004 by Clymer
The 2000-2004 Yamaha 75-225 HP 4-Stroke Outboard Repair Manual by Clymer covers four-stroke outboard motors, including:
- Yamaha 75 HP
- Yamaha 80 HP
- Yamaha 90 HP
- Yamaha 100 HP
- Yamaha 115 HP
- Yamaha 200 HP
- Yamaha 225 HP
Book Excerpt: 2000-2004 Yamaha 75-225 HP 4-Stroke Outboard Repair Manual
REMOVAL/INSTALLATION (200 AND 225 HP MODELS)
The fuel rail mounts on the starboard side of the port side throttle bodies. (Refer to Figure 40).
- Remove the port intake manifold as described in this chapter.
- Cut the full-circle clamp, then use a flat blade screwdriver to push the fuel hose off the fitting (28, Figure 40).
- Loosen the clamp, then push the fuel return hose off the regulator fitting. The fuel return hose is the larger of the two regulator fittings. The return hose leads to the fuel cooler. Disconnect the pressure reference hose from the smaller regulator fitting. The hose leads to the intake manifold fitting.
- Support the fuel rail (23, Figure 40) while fully loosening the three screws (26, Figure 40) and washer (25). Do not pull the screws from the fuel rail at this time.
- Carefully pull the fuel rail from the throttle bodies. Remove the three alignment collars from the screws or throttle body openings, then remove the screws and washers.
- Remove the three fuel injectors (30, Figure 40) from the throttle body or fuel rail openings. For easier removal, carefully twist the injectors while pulling them from the openings.
- Remove the seals (16, Figure 40) from the injector tips or the openings in the throttle bodies. Discard the seals.
- Remove the grommets and O-rings from the injectors (Figure 56). Discard the grommets and O-rings. Carefully pull the filters (Figure 56) from the fuel injector inlets. Replace the filter if debris, deposits or damaged surfaces are evident.
- Remove the two screws (29, Figure 40), then pull the fitting (28) from the bottom of the fuel rail. Remvoe the O-ring (27, Figure 40) from the fitting or fuel rail opening. Discard the O-ring.
TABLE of CONTENTS:
Subject: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Yamaha 75-225 HP 4-Stroke Outboard service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1599694638 | ISBN-13: 9781599694634 | Clymer B791-2
- General information
- Tools and techniques
- Lubrication, maintenance and tune-up
- Timing, synchronization and adjustments
- Fuel system
- Electrical and ignition systems
- Power head
- Power trim and tilt
- Remote control
- Color wiring diagrams
- Publisher: Clymer Manuals
- Pages: 498 - Hundreds of b&w photos and illustrations
- Binding: Paperback - 8.5 x 11 inches
- ISBN: 978-1-59969-463-4