This Haynes repair manual covers 1991-2004 Triumph Triples and Fours (with carburetor engines), including the following models:
- Triumph Trident 750, 1991-1998
- Triumph Trident 900, 1991-1998
- Triumph Sprint 900, 1993-1998
- Triumph Trophy 900, 1991-2001
- Triumph Trophy 1200, 1991-2003
- Triumph Speed Triple 750, 1996
- Triumph Speed Triple 900, 1994-1996
- Triumph Daytona 750, 1991-1993
- Triumph Daytona 900, 1992-1996
- Triumph Daytona Super III, 1994-1996
- Triumph Daytona 1000, 1991-1993
- Triumph Daytona 1200, 1993-1998
- Triumph Thunderbird 900, 1995-2003
- Triumph Thunderbird 900 Sport, 1998-2004
- Triumph Adventurer 900, 1996-2001
- Triumph Legend TT 900, 1998-2001
- Triumph Tiger 900, 1993-1998
Note: the fuel injected 1997-on Triumph T509/955i Speed Triple, 1998-on 955i Sprint ST, 1997-on T595/955i
Daytona and 1999 Tiger models ARE NOT covered in this manual.
Book Excerpt: 1991-2004 Triumph Triples and Fours (Carburetor Engines) Repair Manual
FUEL AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS
1. GENERAL INFORMATION AND PRECAUTIONS
The fuel system consists of the fuel tank, the fuel tap and filter, the carburetors, fuel hoses and control cables.
The fuel tap is of the gravity-fed type on Thunderbird, Thunderbird Sport, Adventurer, Legend TT and Tiger models, and of the vacuum type on Trident, Sprint, Trophy, Speed Triple and Daytona models.
The carburetors used on all models are of the flat side CV type, Mikuni on early three cylinder engines and all four cylinder engines, and Keihin on later three cylinder engines.
On all models there is a carburetor for each cylinder. For cold starting, a choke lever mounted on the left handlebar and connected by a cable controls an enrichment circuit in the carburetor.
Air is drawn into the carburetors via air ducts and an airbox.
The exhaust system is either a four-into-two or three-into-two design, depending on the engine. Certain California market models have a catalytic converter fitted in the exhaust downpipes, near the joint with the silencer.
Many of the fuel system service procedures are considered routine maintenance items and for that reason are included in Chapter 1.
Subject: 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Triumph Trident, Sprint, Trophy, Speed Triple, Daytona, Thunderbird, Adventurer, Tiger, Legend TT service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1844256278 | ISBN-13: 9781844256273 | Haynes 2162
TABLE of CONTENTS:
THE TRIUMPH TRIPLES AND FOURS
Daily (pre-ride) checks
- About this manual
- Safety first!
- Identification numbers
- Buying spare parts
- Engine/transmission oil level check
- Brake fluid level checks
- Suspension, steering and final drive checks
- Legal and safety checks
- Tire checks
Routine maintenance and servicing
REPAIRS and OVERHAUL
- Recommended lubricants and fluids
- Maintenance schedule
- Component locations
- Maintenance procedures
Engine, transmission and associated systems
- Engine, clutch and transmission
- Fuel and exhaust systems
- Ignition system
Electrical system | Wiring diagrams
- Frame and suspension
- Final drive
- Fairing and bodywork