The Nissan Titan 2004-2009, Nissan Armada 2005-2010 Repair Manual by Haynes covers models indicated, 2WD and 4WD.
Nissan Titan pickup trucks are available in either king cab (extended cab) or crew-cab (four-door) models. The Nissan Armada SUV is available only in a four-door wagon-style body.
Book Excerpt: 2005-2010 Nissan Titan 2004-2009, Nissan Armada Repair Manual
SUSPENSION AND STEERING SYSTEMS
- Four-Wheel Drive (4WD) models are equipped with an electronically-controlled transfer case that distributes power to both front and rear axles when the system is engaged.
A switch on the instrument panel allows a choice of 2WD, 4WD High or 4WD Low.
- Input from the switch goes to the Transfer Control Unit, which communicates with the transfer case actuator, the automatic transmission, and other devices.
The actuator consists of an electric shift motor and a Transfer Case Position Switch. The motor actually does the mechanical shifting of the transfer case, when directed by the Transfer Control Unit.
The Transfer Case Position Switch communicates the actual position of the electric shift motor to the Control Unit at all times.
- We don't recommend trying to rebuild this transfer case. They're difficult to overhaul without special tools, and rebuild units may be available that represent a savings of time and money.
REAR LOWER LINK (AND COIL SPRING)
TABLE of CONTENTS:
Refer to illustrations 12.22 and 12.24
Introduction: Vehicle identification numbers. Buying parts. Safety. Maintenance techniques. Chemical and lubricants, and more.
- Tune-up and routine maintenance
- 5.6L V8 fuel-injected engine
- General engine overhaul procedures
- Cooling, heating and air-conditioning systems
- Fuel and exhaust systems
- Engine electrical systems
- Emissions control systems
- 5-speed automatic transmission
- Transfer case
- Brakes (ABS)
- Suspension and steering systems
- Chassis electrical system
- Wiring diagrams
Subject: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 2010 Nissan Titan & Armada service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 1563928167 | ISBN-13: 9781563928161