The Clymer 1981-2002 Kawasaki KZ1000, KZ1100, ZX1100, ZN1100, Z1000P Police repair manual covers the following models:
U.S.A. and Canada
- Kawasaki KZ1000 J1, J2 Standard, 1981-1982
- Kawasaki KZ1000 K1 LTD, K2 LTD, 1981-1982
- Kawasaki KZ1000 M1, M2, CSR, 1981-1982
- Kawasaki KZ1000 R1, R2 Replica, 1982-1983
- Kawasaki KZ1100 A1, A2, A3 Standard, 1981-1983
- Kawasaki KZ1100 B1, B2, GP, 1981-1982
- Kawasaki KZ1100 D1, D2 Spectre, 1982-1983
- Kawasaki KZ1100 L1 LTD Shaft, 1983
- Kawasaki ZX1100 A1, A2, 1983-1984
- Kawasaki ZN1100 B1, B2, 1984-1985
- Kawasaki Z1000 Police Model P1, P21, 1982-2002
Book Excerpt: 1981-2002 Kawasaki KZ1000, KZ1100, ZX1100, Z1100, ZN1100 Z1000 Police Repair Manual
- Kawasaki Z1000 J1, J2, 1981-1982
- Kawasaki Z1000 K1, K2, 1981-1982
- Kawasaki Z1100 A1, A2, 1981-1982
- Kawasaki Z1100 B1, B2, 1981-1982
- Kawasaki Z1000 J3, 1983
- Kawasaki Z1000 R2, 1983
- Kawasaki Z1100 A1, A2, 1983-1984
- Kawasaki Z1100 A3 1985
TROUBLESHOOTING: POOR PERFORMANCE
Poor engine performance can be caused by any of a number of things related to carburetion, ignition, and the condition of the sliding and rotation components in the engine. In addition, components in the engine.
In addition, components such as brakes, clutch and transmission can cause problems that seem to be related to engine performance, even when the engine is in top running condition.
Idling that is erratic, too high, or too low is most often caused by incorrect adjustment of the carburetor idle circuit. Also, a dirty air filter or an obstructed fuel tank vent can affect idle speed.
Incorrect ignition timing or worn or faulty ignition components are also good possibilities.
First, make sure the air filter is clean and correctly installed. Then, adjust the throttle cable free play, the throttle stop screw, and the idle mixture air screw (Figure 6) as described in the routine maintenance chapter.
If idling is still poor, check the carburetor and manifold mounts for leaks; with the engine warmed up and running, spray WD-40 or a similar light lube around the flanges and joints of the carburetor and manifold (Figure 7).
Listen for changes in engine speed. If a leak is present, the idle speed will drop as the lube "plugs" the leak and then pick up again as it is drawn into the engine.
Tighten the nuts and clamps and test again. If a leak persists, check for a damaged gasket or a pinhold in the manifold. Minor leaks in manifold hoses can be repaired with silicone sealer, but if cracks or holes are extensive, the manifold should be replaced.
Subject: 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 Kawasaki KZ/ZX/ZN 1000/1100 service, maintenance, repair. ISBN-10: 0892878789 | ISBN-13: 9780892878789 | Clymer M451-3
Get to know and understand your Kawasaki better. Simple, step-by-step explanations about maintenance and repair jobs make this book a must for every owner of this powerful motorbike. Photos and clear drawings help you understand the text better.
A.d.W. Vlaardingen, Netherlands